Recommended interval for Neutra

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
Now I just need to see if Burkely (the CDN Schaeffers guy) will be able to sell me just a few single bottles of the Neutra whenever I place a Schaeffer order.

Buy the gallon jug and use a 12 oz. bottle to measure the dose. Probably cheaper.

Bob, Can the Neutra # 131 be put into the crankcase oil without a drain for several thousand miles? Can I just put it in there and leave it? Thank you. krholm.

I'm not the type of person that likes to add stuff at every fillup, so if I'm going to add one bottle of Neutra to my gas all at once, what is the recommended interval for doing this treatment? Once a year? Twice a year? Every 10k?

I just don't like adding any kind of cleaner too often, but at the same time I don't want too much carbon to build up in my combustion chamber either.

[ September 20, 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: Patman ]

Patman,

Sorry for not getting back to ya sooner.

You can use the neutra 131 as little or as much as you want. In addition to all the other things Neutra does, this is also a top end lubricant and will assist in reducing valve recession as well as neutralize the sulfur that turns into sufuric acid which creates the carbon deposits which in turn will help the oil from being attacked as much by the blowby gases that is produced by the engine.

Understand, the neutra is not an octane booster and if you have a good clean running engine, performance benifets sometimes will not be as obvious. It doesn't hurt to run this stuff all the time if you can afford or want to. I use some kind of fuel additive from Schaeffers all the time myself. My car hasn't started to smoke, cough, spit, sputter or died on me yet. Also no oil usage at all. Only 95,000 miles on the engine and you know what kind of driving I put it through.

bob

I guess what I will do is add one full bottle about every 6 months to my car, which works out to about every 10k.

Now I just need to see if Burkely (the CDN Schaeffers guy) will be able to sell me just a few single bottles of the Neutra whenever I place a Schaeffer order.

Bob,as a yearly maintence type use,what would you recommend the minimum miles to drive right before a oil change in a already clean engine?

Thanks,on another note. My Mothers car the poor thing gets driven at times in the winter for 2 minutes both ways down to a neighbors and back,hard on oil so what is your thoughts on leaving it"the 131" in the crankcase during these cold periods of 3 months here in Oklahoma to offset the acids formed by this type use and the ultimate depletion of the additives in the oil to nuetralize these acids.

Seems to me the logical choice

Now spring,summer and fall she drives more,,the winter periods are my worries

[ September 21, 2002, 12:11 PM: Message edited by: dragboat ]

One thing I worry about when it comes to adding cleaners to the gas too often, is that it might promote premature o2 sensor failures.

Bob, is there another gas additive that Schaeffers sells that also cleans injectors? It sounded like you were referring to another additive other than Neutra in your post above. If there is another additive, could you tell us more about it?

Actually Patman,

In light of your statement about premature wear on O2 sensors, what do you think causes most problems with O2 sensors? give you a hint, Carbon build up and such. Reason I brought this up is my car has had an O2 sensor error code when I first bought it. The check engine light kept coming on constantly. $65.00 cost for one, just too lazy to get around to it. The light was the only indicator of the problem, mileage was no problem, no excessive black smoke due to over load of fuel, not leaning out either so, in reality, the problem was minimally out of tolerance and I suspect due to the build up it had been experiencing. I started using the 131 and the 131c, fuel additives. Within the last 6 months, I have not seen my light come back on, meaning the code has not been triggered in a long while.(yes light still works). So IMO, I suspect that the 131/131c has most likely helped the sensor over this period of time. This again leads to the point, if you are using a heavy solvent for a fuel additive, it too can cause damage to injector seals and maybe the sensor.. So, in my case, I have never felt it a problem to use the neutra 131 for any period of time as it has not posed any problems but seem to have helped.

Most fuel additives are designed as a primary cleaner or fuel octane booster. The 131 neutra is a combination of things, a soft but yet firm cleaner, seal conditioner, top end lubricant,and acid neutralizer and is not a fuel octane booster. The perfomance benifets you'd get would be from the cleaning of your injectors. This is something I seriously doubt most fuel additives will do as a combination. This is why I have no fear of the constant use of this in a fuel tank.

On another note, here is the alternative that I sometime use as this is a highly concentrated additive. The up front cost is higher because of the concentration. Now they have it in the 12 oz bottles but I'm not too sure it really works the same as the 5 gal concentrated version IMO. the 131c is strickly a fuel additive and cannot be used like the 131 neutra. I have not proved to myself that this one actually increases fuel economy but it sure hasn't hurt it any.

#131C SOY ULTRA GASOLINE FUEL ADDITIVE
Soy Ultra Gasoline Fuel additive is a multifunctional gasoline additive that specially formulated for use in all types of gasoline used in new and old gasoline powered vehicles.

Soy Ultra Gasoline Fuel Additive contains a unique blend of methyl soyate bio-fuel derived from soybean oil and a multifunctional additive package that incorporates the dual functionality of frictional modification and detergency. When used at the recommended treatment ratios this unique combination allows the Soy Ultra Gasoline Fuel Additive to provide the following performance benefits.

Clean up and keep clean performance to restore performance and maintain new performance.
Improved carburetor, fuel injector, engine induction system, intake valve and combustion chamber cleanliness.
Modification of existing injector deposits, allowing for their removal and safe passage into the combustion chamber where they can be burned.
Superb piston deposit control to reduce the risk of engine seizure.
Increased engine performance.
Smoother idling.
Improved drivability.
Better –than-New Fuel Economy. Not a restoration due to cleanliness.
Up to 2% improvement in fuel economy on new vehicles and up to 5% on older vehicles
Fuel economy improvements with continued use.
Up to 40% increase in fuel lubricity.
Excellent antiwear protection of the fuel injectors and fuel pumps especially for those engines burning low sulfur gasoline, reformulated gasoline or oxygenated gasoline.
Lubrication of the upper cylinders, fuel pumps and injectors.
Supplemental ring and valve-train antiwear protection.
Reduced emissions and particulates.

[ September 24, 2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: BOBISTHEOILGUY ]

Thanks for the info Bob!

So which of those two would you recommend for regular use for keeping injectors clean and keeping carbon out of the combustion chamber then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back