VW 505.01 - Audi A4 1.9 tdi - PD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
I'm here as I'd like to ask for your help choosing the right oil for my car.
The car has around 110k kms on the clock and till now I have always used Castrol EDGE Turbo Diesel 5W-40 (or Magnatec Professional B4 5W-40, that is exactly the same oil but with a different label) http://datasheets.bp.com/bpglis/FusionPDS.nsf/0/6CA628996B77DD50802578DA0061D1F5/$file/BPXE-8K8KLX_0.pdf
I've read everywhere that I could use (with excellent results) either Shell Rotella T6 5w-40 or M1 TDT 5w-40 or D1 ESP 5w-40; the problem is that here in Europe I can't find any of these (if I could find Rotella T6 i'd use it for almost everything
frown.gif
...) and the only 5W-40 HDEO I can find is D1 5w-40 (non ESP).
As Castrol is a grp III, low-saps, API SM oil, it'll probably have really low P and Zn and for this reason it'll perform quite poorly in my PD engine. A good oil to use could be RedLine 5W40, but it has become really expensive here in Italy (19€/qt = 25$/qt), so I was thinking of switching to D1 5w-40 (non ESP). What do you think about it?
Thank you very much! Bye!

OK, thank you!
I think I shouldn't have any problem with D1, also because my A4 doesn't have a DPF, so using a CI-4+ HDEO instead of a CJ-4 shouldn't make any difference, right?
Thanks again! Bye!

Alvise

Rimula R6 LME is an ACEA E6 oil, withCJ4.
Being in Italy (if not living in the mountains in the winter), R6M 10W40 (1.9% ash) would do OK, but the TBN of 15.9 which is what the high detergent additives accomplish is really overkill for staying in western/central Europe.
Rimula oils are formulated differently than Rotella oils.

Charlie

Thanks Charlie, I didn't know ACEA E6 oils had even lower limits.
In that case I think I'll switch to D1 5w-40 CI-4+ so that I can have at least a 5w-40 grade oil.
Thanks! Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back