Nissan Titan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think his recent trap was around 97 or so after the long-tube headers(he really needs a tune but runs E-85 since he has the flex-fuel model)...maybe it wasn't a supercharger he heard or he was in race mode before the Lightning tried to recover?

21.gif

Or it wasn't racing him? LOL!

Most L's are pullied too, meaning it would be even faster
wink.gif

Still, he's at what is probably a 10Mph trap disadvantage to a truck that ET's an entire second quicker stock than what he's running now.

Maybe it was a stock F-150 with an exhaust whistle? LOL!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

wink.gif

Still, he's at what is probably a 10Mph trap disadvantage to a truck that ET's an entire second quicker stock than what he's running now.

grin.gif

I know what you mean, but they were racing just not sure if the Lightning was all out. My friend would have heard the engine more than the exhaust since he was ahead of him by 1 car length.

This same truck lost by about 1 second to a Tundra that had perhaps just a CAI(at the drag strip), I forget what else; before he got his long-tube headers installed. I bet a tune and/or some cams would get him into 100+ MPH trap speeds. He's had some of the weeping at the transmission cooler lines where the 'tension springs' let some out, so IDK what's up there or if should get away from factory ATF or go with a more robust for racing ATF; when he gets the tunes which includes a transmission shift tune.

Last edited:
I doubt the Lightning was all out. That's a 360-380 HP regular cab short bed truck stock against a maybe 330-340 HP extended cab truck (a generous estimate with bolt on mods). The Titan is fast, but I don't think it's that fast.

Had Nissan built a supercharged Titan sport truck it could have been a serious tire shredder though.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL

wink.gif

grin.gif

This. Not too many Lightnings are even stock.

Originally Posted By: Anthony
I don't know why everyone keeps saying it has not been updated.
Yes they had more than their share of problems from the start ,but they took action and made SEVERAL updates. Just not cosmetic.

And as far as the engine not being up to date, that is one part of the truck that never had any major flaws ,and is still on par with the latest engines from the other manufactures including the F150.

The only updates that have taken place is where the 2004-2008 pick up had were to correct some major flaws. Brakes, front end, rear end, a few different package options such as the PRO-X4, and slight engine update. But I see and hear the same thing over and over again from Titan fans. Is that the truck drives fast. I agree it is fast for a truck that weight 10% less than all other current pickups. But if I wanted a fast pickup I would by a SS, SRT, or the Lightning. Tell me why I would want the pick up other than it goes fast, because if goes fast was something that was a requirement for my choice of pick up I would not of bought the 5.4 3V F150 which is the slowest current pick up by so much you could compete with it acceleration wise with your bicycle.

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Originally Posted By: Anthony
I don't know why everyone keeps saying it has not been updated.
Yes they had more than their share of problems from the start ,but they took action and made SEVERAL updates. Just not cosmetic.

And as far as the engine not being up to date, that is one part of the truck that never had any major flaws ,and is still on par with the latest engines from the other manufactures including the F150.

The only updates that have taken place is where the 2004-2008 pick up had were to correct some major flaws. Brakes, front end, rear end, a few different package options such as the PRO-X4, and slight engine update. But I see and hear the same thing over and over again from Titan fans. Is that the truck drives fast. I agree it is fast for a truck that weight 10% less than all other current pickups. But if I wanted a fast pickup I would by a SS, SRT, or the Lightning. Tell me why I would want the pick up other than it goes fast, because if goes fast was something that was a requirement for my choice of pick up I would not of bought the 5.4 3V F150 which is the slowest current pick up by so much you could compete with it acceleration wise with your bicycle.

The main thing I was trying to get people to see is that despite its 317 HP rating it will still run very well and pull great even when compared to all the updated rigs.

I do agree a stock or mildly modded Titan will not beat a Lighting.

People do want trucks with strong towing performance ,and it does deliver in that department.

And yes most of the updates were to correct problems ,but they were effective ,and that is why I recommend taking a look at 08 or newer trucks if you are in the market for a full size. I do not recommend pre 08 trucks unless you can turn wrenches ,and are well aware of the issues that could pop up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back