Longer filter for Chevy 2.2L S10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone run the longer version filter on their S10 2.2L? It's a 2001 S10 with the 2.2L. The filter is PF47 (AC Delco) which is about 3.5 inches long. There is a long version listed at the Baldwin filters site (B35-S vs spec B43-S), that is about 5 inches long.

The filter sticks off the side of the engine over the frame cross member. Plent of room for the added length and would make it easier to remove, but it looks like the dome end would be pretty close to the frame cross member, which is not a problem but for how much the engine wiggles in the mount. Of course if you blow an engine mount it could be a disaster.

Suppose I could put the longer filter on and see the space, rev it good a few times and see if it hits.

Try the PF-52 for AC Delco. My car specs the 47 as well and the 52 is exactly the same but longer. Just make sure there is room for clearance.

Like he said you're looking for a PF-52 equivalent, the Baldwin B35-S is correct for PF-52. If your concerned about space or possible touching, the Baldwin would be a good choice those things are built like tanks.

Well I guess the only way is to try it. Yeah, I like the Baldwin for that and because it is a nice red color--looks good.

Originally Posted By: TallPaul
Well I guess the only way is to try it. Yeah, I like the Baldwin for that and because it is a nice red color--looks good.

+1 the red is pretty cool

Yeah, am still trying to get photos up to photobucket so I can post, but have been too busy. It's Victory Red (nice orangy red racy looking). Just pulled off the fancy American Racing Wheels and put the stock ones back on. We both think it looks much better this way. Now we can sell the AR 16" with 60 profile rubber.

As I changed the wheels I discovered the front right brake does not work, caliper must be stuck. Son held pedal down and wheel turned, left front works. Has seepage at main seal and high on back of engine, but not dripping. Plan to run Maxlife for a while to see if we can freshen up those seals.

Truck is super clean body and interior, standard cab with short bed and tonneau cover. 78,000 miles. I drove it 30 miles home and it drove beautifully.

Has tinted windows. My son says it looks like a film adhered to outside of window. He wants to peel it off. Prefers stock truck to customized. Wonder if I can peel that off.

From the ad (and with the funky American Racing wheels):
S10fromad.jpg

I told him he could have my Ranger for $3000 (what I paid, but I also put $1600 into it after that), and I would take the S10 which was $5200. He would not fall for it though. Really likes the S10.

Just picked up two Baldwins at $4.70 each.

Baldwins didn't work well in my 4.3 S-10 (same filter number) I had startup rattle with the Baldwins. I purchased three online and ended up giving two away.
Hope it works better for your 2.2 engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back