3 1/2 Year Old Energizer Battery at 12.3 Volts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh. Yea, sounds like a project!

I replaced the entire starter, NAPA's best. 3 year warranty.

Something was rattling loudly in my old one...

I just had to replace the battery in my 98 K3500 chevy truck with the 7.4L for the fourth time since I bought it in Nov. 2007. I noticed it hasn't been starting as easy and put my battery tester on it. It showed 12.1 volts and 200 CCA's and it said to replace the battery. and this is a 800CCA battery from O'reillys. It is their best SuperStart battery. All three of the previous batteries have been SuperStarts.

I drove the truck to O'reillys and had them test it and it showed a bad battery also. It was still within the three year replacement warranty and I told them I wanted my money back instead of another battery which they agreed to.

I went to Autozone and got a Duralast Gold 800 CCA battery and will have to see if this one lasts. I have tried one other alternator and have a reman Delco on it right now. I have also replaced the positive side battery cable with a new one from the dealer and the charging system has been tested as well as voltage drop testing.

I'm wondering if only driving it around 2,000 miles a year is killing the batteries early. Anyone have any ideas.?

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back