Mobil Super Synthetic OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the back of the bottle (and on their website) Mobil slots this oil under it's Mobil 1 synthetic oils, since Mobil Super Synthetic is a synthetic oil would it still have long drain interval capabilities (i.e. 7,000-10,000 mile OCI). I just changed out the factory fill on a 2012 Corolla at 1,500 miles and was thinking of running this Mobil Super Synthetic out to the free 10,000 toyota oil change. Thanks.

I am sorry I do not consider a 7K OCI with normal driving today on conventional oils a extended drain. So I hope Mobil super syn is capable of 10K OCI.

Their exact words are;

"The Mobil Super Synthetic limited warranty is valid for 7,500 miles or your vehicle’s OEM recommended oil change interval, whichever is longer.

Additional requirements for all Mobil Super products include: 1) Oils must be put in service not later than five (5) years from the date of purchase; and 2) an oil change must be completed every six (6) months."

My interpretation of this is that the oil should be able to last the 10k mile OEM recommended OCI that Toyota suggest for the Corolla (or every 6 months as Mobil suggests as a requirement)

It's a decent synthetic (even if it's a group 3) and should be fine in the NEW efficient 1.8L engine.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm not sure it will do 10k. 7500 and then do a uoa and see where you are.

+1

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Originally Posted By: spasm3
I'm not sure it will do 10k. 7500 and then do a uoa and see where you are.

+1

x2 on doing a UOA to see how the oil is handling the duties and go from there. Scientific data showing that the oil is performing like it should is all that's needed to sleep easy at night.

If they say it's good for 7500K OCI's then that's fine with me. I have thought of going to oil changes once per year but strayed away from it. I don't mind 6K myself.

Durango

C'mon....just picked up a 2013 Explorer on Friday and the Ford OCI is 10k on dino.

IMHO, Mobil SS can easily do this on most vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Greggy_D
C'mon....just picked up a 2013 Explorer on Friday and the Ford OCI is 10k on dino.

Actually its 10,000 miles or OLM whichever occurs first.

Mobil Super Syn is pretty much the same as the old Clean 7500 oil that they used to sell. It works well. I got similar UOA to M1 last time I checked.

Heck you can go to 10,000 on dino in your car if you like. I certainly will not in mine. I like to keep my cars a long time. My Ford calls for 5,000 mi. or 6 months. (The OLM calibration). I am fine with that.

This comment surprised me because Ford usually recommends Motorcraft oils. A very good quality synthetic blend is the lowest grade they make. Lo and behold, the manual recommends either Motorcraft Premium Synthetic Blend or Full Synthetic. It does seem like a stretch to use MC synthetic blend for 10K miles. Most people change it more often. I'd check the scheduled maintenance manual for that.

I would hit a time limit (6 months) on an OCI before the 7500 miles came due . So for me , 6K miles / 6 months - which ever comes first ...it also is a built in reminder to have tires rotated .

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Was the prior Clean 7500 a full synthetic ?

I believe it was a semi-syn or blend, but I got almost identical results on UOA as M1. With the way they classify a semi or full syn today who knows if they were really much different?

Unless the Corolla came factory with synthetic I would hold off for the first 7-10k before you switch to synthetic. Run a good dino (PYB, QSGB) and let your engine flush out all the wear materials.

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Unless the Corolla came factory with synthetic I would hold off for the first 7-10k before you switch to synthetic. Run a good dino (PYB, QSGB) and let your engine flush out all the wear materials.

The Corolla's came from the factory with 0W-20 toyota synthetic, so I figured I would just stick with synthetic. I'll probably run this Mobil Super synthetic for 7,000 miles and switch over to Mobil 1 for 10,000 mile/1yr intervals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back