gas pedal sticks after i changed idle control valv

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi. i've changed idle air control valve and car idles proper. but now car gas pedal sticks a bit when first starting out...help??? is it throttle body cleaning? mechanic oiled cable from gas pedal and said cable seems ok

probably EGR buildup on the throttle body.

Take it off engine and clean with rags and cleaner if possible.

also depending on the make/model some vehicles have a coating on the TB to help with buildup so be careful what you clean it with

In the future if you want help it would be helpful to at least list what type of car it is..

Last edited:
You probably fouled something in between the gas pedal and the throttle body on the throttle control sub-system while changing the IACV. Look under the hood and throroughly inspect the throttle linkage from firewall to throttle body, and look at the throttle body for obstructions in the full range of movement`

Caliberguy.

I know this is an old thread. The mechanic may have messed with the idle stop screw to obtain proper idle speed, which isnt even an idle speed screw (it's called a throttle stop screw I think) It's there to keep it (throttle plate) from closing all the way AND STICKING. I have a '89 Lincoln Towncar with the same engine. There is a procedure for adjustment. If you need the info, I can scan it from my Haynes manual.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back