Would you add any fuel additives to a new vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ffracer
Why would you need additives in a new car? It is clean.

If you stray away from top tier later, then using a cleaner will help after 10,000 mi or so of non-Top Tier.

MMO is a UCL which also cleans, I like the idea of a UCL, and I have the added benefit of a cleaner. I'm sorry to say I don't believe in Top Tier Gas, not with the crooks that sell gas around here. They've been nailed for selling regular as premium, and short changing people on a gallon of gas. Why would I believe they're selling me Top Tier gas? Maybe in other parts of the US its different, not so here.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I use MMO. When buying a new vehicle dealer gives you a "free" tank of gas. I add it before the initial fill and every tank thereafter.

I too think that it gives a trifle better mileage when it is in the mix.

I waited until I got home from the dealer and started adding MMO to the gas in my Jeep. They only gave me half a tank of gas.
frown.gif

There is no requirement for a full tank of gas on initial purchase. Some dealers do it some don't.

That being said I wait until at least 10,000 miles before adding any PEA based cleaners, and do that a tank or so before an oil change.

Originally Posted By: Vstrom
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Originally Posted By: SrDriver
I use MMO. When buying a new vehicle dealer gives you a "free" tank of gas. I add it before the initial fill and every tank thereafter.

I too think that it gives a trifle better mileage when it is in the mix.

I waited until I got home from the dealer and started adding MMO to the gas in my Jeep. They only gave me half a tank of gas.
frown.gif

There is no requirement for a full tank of gas on initial purchase. Some dealers do it some don't.

That being said I wait until at least 10,000 miles before adding any PEA based cleaners, and do that a tank or so before an oil change.

Different strokes for different folks as far as fuel additives go.

As far as dealers giving a tank of gas, you're correct, they're not required to do so. I've worked for enough new car dealers to know that. Besides giving gas away cuts into their bottom line.

i started studying gasoline when i was 12 years old, iam 63 now. we have been using gasoline for over 100 years, even though it has changed a lot its STILL gasoline. with C and H. they both are very good at making carbon, for more than the last 100 years. so a little marvel mystery oil NEVER hurt ANYTHING. and i bet you cant prove me wrong.

Maybe some lubrication for the fuel pump and top end. An extra cleaner should not be necessary yet.
Remember, there are umpteen jillion additives that come in oil and gasoline, anyways.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I have never used fuel additives..Even with cars with over 300K miles..If you use a Top Tier gas you will probably never need any.

If the fuel additive people depended on me to keep them in business they would all be out of business.

I am strongly agree. I also never use fuel additive on my car. 254,000 miles with chevron gas..

Originally Posted By: moto94536
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I have never used fuel additives..Even with cars with over 300K miles..If you use a Top Tier gas you will probably never need any.

If the fuel additive people depended on me to keep them in business they would all be out of business.

I am strongly agree. I also never use fuel additive on my car. 254,000 miles with chevron gas..

Chevron is very good gas but not in every state.

254k in 4 years is a lotta driving! Freeway driving is easiest on the car anyway...
I bought my motorcycle brand new (2008 Yamaha Roadliner 1900) but it was a leftover I bought in 02/11 so I ran Berryman through a couple of tanks since I figured the injectors might have some old fuel varnish on them from the initial startup and test when it was put together. Didn't notice much of a difference, but does seem to shake a lil less at idle.

The type of emissions system could be an issue. Products such as MMO are high in sulphur and could cause premature aging of the emissions system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back