Good experience with Honda dealer service

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pickup a free Norm Reeves Honda dealer oil change flyer for first time customer at Wahoo. Made appointment online and took the car there the next day.

The cost to change oil for S2000 is higher than other Honda's at $40, mainly because it needs a different oil filter, 15400-PCX-004, that costs more. I gave the service adviser the flyer and no cost out of pocket.

The mechanic do the oil change owns a S2000 too, we chat about the car and what mods I had done and what he did for his S2000.

He took very good care of the oil change. He wipe off the oil dripped down after removed the filter, he also let the oil drained 15-20 minutes while inspecting various parts under the car.

Since he owns a S2000, he knew that PCX-004 is the correct oil filter, he also used Honda 10W30 oil in quart bottles, not bulk oil, and he used a new bolt washer.

There was not an oil drop on the engine.

In cases like that I always write to the dealer owner and/or Honda corporate to let them know. Those guys always hear about every mistake but never the great experiences. It will take you all of five minutes but is totally worth it.

Originally Posted By: dparm
In cases like that I always write to the dealer owner and/or Honda corporate to let them know. Those guys always hear about every mistake but never the great experiences. It will take you all of five minutes but is totally worth it.
agreed, it's refreshing to hear things like this from a dealership.

i live by a norm reeves, i go there usually for air fresheners and oil filters.

Good service and good people

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
So basically he did what he is getting paid to do.

Except it was free.

Originally Posted By: Unearthed
Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
So basically he did what he is getting paid to do.

Except it was free.

Or what he ought to have done, money or not.

Who today cares about the other person? If you give folks positive feedback for doing even 'what they should' it encourages them to keep it up and perhaps grow in that quality of at least 'pride in work' translating to pride in work 'for the sake of the other'.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Do this, managers do read this and remember positive letters. We have a lot of older customers that will write letters to management, they also usually bring cookies and muffins. Techs like food hint hint.

Will write a letter or email to manager/owner to let them know the good services their employees are doing.

I have good experience with Wagner brake pads and fast rebate processing, I wrote them an email to let them know I was happy with their products and service(quick turn around rebate).

Most people only write about the problems they have but few mentions the positive experiences.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

Who today cares about the other person? If you give folks positive feedback for doing even 'what they should' it encourages them to keep it up and perhaps grow in that quality of at least 'pride in work' translating to pride in work 'for the sake of the other'.

This!

I also try and hint that I and other customers believe it is good business that diligent, thorough, and competent employees should be rewarded whenever possible as well.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Originally Posted By: ltslimjim

This!

I also try and hint that I and other customers believe it is good business that diligent, thorough, and competent employees should be rewarded whenever possible as well.

I agree with compensation as a 'surprise' bonus, but one that isn't to be expected. Keep it random. Make 'em work for it.
grin2.gif

Especially if such employees are bringing folks back in and their true character is shining through, they will earn it anyway.

My dealer in OKC has been great also, can't complain and that's why I've stuck with them for 3 Honda's now and looking a the fourth in about a year or so. Well, at least after the first year production run of the all new Accord that is suppose to be out by 2013.

If you only knew how rare it is to find someone 'doing what they're supposed to be doing'....

Originally Posted By: MrCritical
If you only knew how rare it is to find someone 'doing what they're supposed to be doing'....

Well said.

Not to mention that some places are convincing fakes. Like the dealers I've used.

Everything "appears" to be good, until you scratch the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back