Power Washer Pump

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a power washer that I purchased on Black Friday-- I'm curious about maintenance to the pump.

The manual says it is not user serviceable, but on the pump housing it reads "use 80w-90 oil" so I'm assuming you can at least check or replace the oil in the unit.

The sticker reads:

PWV(R)24/2.4
NO 0527110734
PRC SAE 80w90

Does this give any indication of who makes the pump and/or a model number for it? I know PRC is just a clever acronym for made in China. Because of the low cost ($199 on sale) I suspect the pump is cheap and will ultimately fail long before the engine does, so I'd like to know my options for replacement before that happens. Engine is a 173cc Kohler Courage XT-7 which I wish I had on all my OPE.

FWIW, here's a link on Ebay to a pump with a very similar look and model number. Does this shed some light on who might make it?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Annovi-Reverberi-Pressure-Washer-Pump-2600-PSI-/170641032858#vi-content

It's probably not worth the time/money/headache to try to service the oil in the unit. The pump itself - not the oil-lubricated parts - will probably be what fails in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back