New member with oil report

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Im a new member here but have spent a lot of time looking through the forum. I just sent my 84 300sd oil off for analysis with just 2k mile on the oil. I have been using delo400 15-40 and changing it every 5k miles per the manual. I owned the car since september of 2011 and this is the second change of oil I have done. I didn't analyze the original oil or the next change. I decided to do it now because I was a little concerned about the head gasket and to see where the engine was in terms of wear. The results looked ok with some higher bearing wear. I was a little curious as to why my lead would be high after only 2k miles. Here is the report. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks

oil report by E150GT, on Flickr

Here, this one's a bit easier on the eyes:

7075398817_d691b7944c_c_d.jpg

well I was worried because the cooling system occasionally holds pressure for more than a couple of days. I have noticed it twice since I have been checking.

Was it extra cold in Texas this Winter? Reason I am asking is Winter start up wear, might trend downward this next time. The report looks fine, I would run it out a bit....say a full 5K next time and sample. If you only have 94K total mileage on this engine, its still young according to diesel specs.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
Was it extra cold in Texas this Winter? Reason I am asking is Winter start up wear, might trend downward this next time. The report looks fine, I would run it out a bit....say a full 5K next time and sample. If you only have 94K total mileage on this engine, its still young according to diesel specs.

yep. She's a youngn'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back