Beginning Kreen treatment, with PICS..

Status
Not open for further replies.
If your checking the filter i would do 1K oil change, might as well get the full use out of the product.
It may take 5-6K to get this cleaned up.

Originally Posted By: Airbrush_it
I check my filter twice a week, its a drop in canister so thats easy enough. Pulling the oil pan is not easy on this car, so for now I'm sticking with checking the filter often, and 500mi OCI.
I am aware that this may be too much for a product to handle, but its worth a shot. And if it works, I'll have great documentation for others..

if it work or it does help clean. its not just skeen doing all the work, its because you changing oil sooner. I think skeen help some but I also think oil alone is the biggest thing to help this engine clean. Still think skeen is just another over hyper product. and year from now prepare for another hyper product replace skeen like they replace auto rx. Engine oil alone is the best to help engine clean. Good luck.

Quote:
Still think skeen is just another over hyper product. and year from now prepare for another hyper product replace skeen

Well someone called it flavor of the month over 2 years ago.

Originally Posted By: Trav
If your checking the filter i would do 1K oil change, might as well get the full use out of the product.
It may take 5-6K to get this cleaned up.

I agree here. Go up to 1,000 miles and keep checking the oil filter.

what eactly is being compared here? :p surely we cant expect the OP to take apart the top end of his engine for pics every x thousand miles
wink.gif

Did you see the picture in the first post? Would *you* have buttoned it up without scraping off the gunk from the engine? Well he put the valve cover back on without manually cleaning because he wants to see if Kreen is going to clean it.

I would assume that after a month, he has put on at least 1K mile on the car. I am assuming he is eager to find out how the valve train is looking after the Kreen treatment.

- Vikas

I think it is an outstanding test. For months, I have been reading how great this product works. No one ever pulled the valve covers and made before and after pics (if they did I missed it, and apologize for my error). This guy is doing it, and more power to him. I can't wait for the update.

Originally Posted By: sciphi
Subscribed for the update! I'd love to see what Kreen will do with that sludge.

Same here, although I am using it for suspected 'carbon knock', and NOT for sludge.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver

Same here, although I am using it for suspected 'carbon knock', and NOT for sludge.
wink.gif

Then why agonize?

For carbon knock you should run it in your fuel.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Originally Posted By: dailydriver

wink.gif

Then why agonize?

For carbon knock you should run it in your fuel.

After the initial pint in a full tank cleaning dose, how much for a maintenance dose, 2 ounces per 5 gallons??

I have been watching the Kreen threads the last few days very "keenly".

I bought a 2001 740iL (very similar to the car in this post) a couple of months ago with 78k miles on the clock. Dropped the oil pan and saw a lot of sludge build up there. Seemed like the previous owner had not changed the oil in some time. The filter was not too bad, but there was a lot of sludge in the oil. A lot of varnish buildup on the timing chains, deep golden hue.

Everybody I know in this part of the world seems to recommend liqui moly. Kreen seems like a much better product from what I hear. I was worried about the seals in the engine, especially the vanos, but there seems to be no harmful effects from what I hear. Still a bit apprehensive. Waiting for the outcome of this experiment.

I want to know if any other member has tried this product on a newer year bmw and their observations. It would be really informative to know. What makes me apprehensive is that the newer german car are really fragile and much more sensitive compared to the japanese counterparts. if anybody has something of their observation to share in this regard would be really helpful.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back