Stabil, any effects on oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all. I had question regarding the standard Stabil fuel stabilizer, red formula not the blue formula. I purcahsed another vehicle for daily use, so my car does more time sitting in the garage that actually being driven. Anymore I am lucky to be able to get it out once a month, and have only put 90 miles on the car since the last fillup in January:(. Anyways, after my last fillup, I added the correct amount of Stabil as listed on the bottle to stabilize the fuel. I will probably be adding Stabil at all times with the fuel, just to make sure it doesn't go stale.

Do you all see any ill effects of using Stabil at all times? With UOAs, does Stabil show to have any effects on the oil? Or should I be chaning the oil more frequent when using it?

I don't see how it would affect the oil, since you are typically using Sta-bil red bottle (SRB? lol) on a vehicle that is "rarely" ran.....

So no, I can't see it posing a big problem for the motor oil.......

If you're worried....when you do take it out for a spin, make sure it gets fully warmed up.....before shutting down.

I have honestly never used it so I would not know. My dad says he has better luck if he threw water inside the engine in winter, but I don't know. I've never used it. Just quoted from someone"peddle" dollar tree stuff in my cars. I have saw that dollar tree works, but some vehicles can not take the methanol in the dollar tree additives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back