Harbor Freight Tools

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a big difference between importing raw materials that you don't have but need and importing a finished product. Nothing wrong with importing raw materials you don't have. You know, if you import raw materials and export finished products, you not only get your money back from the raw materials but also a ,ark up for the finished product. That's kind of what china is doing to us.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Win
What was wrong with an ACE handheld tester?

They're made in Missouri, by Americans.

Please show me which one on here gives me battery impedance:

http://associatedequip.com/products/#cat-item-66

Because last I checked, none do, nor do they give me a capacity, which I don't desire to correlate to ocv on an aged battery.

So where is the ACE tester that is US made, and gives me impedance, CCA and remaining storage capacity? I don't see it, do you?

Did it ever cross your mind that when there is something that actually is unique capability-wise, that the situation may be slightly different? That's a little different than hammers and sockets, isn't it?

Boy, I hope the Monkey doesn't catch the Duck. This whole thing is becoming very entertaining. Oh, to be "...already 50% better off than the HF hammer." LOL!

Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Boy, I hope the Monkey doesn't catch the Duck. This whole thing is becoming very entertaining. Oh, to be "...already 50% better off than the HF hammer." LOL!

Yeah, as equally stupid as the post that spurred it.

Again, irrelevant comments to the thread, but at least I had some facts.

I've been wanting to get this battery analyzer for awhile now. May go grab this one afternoon.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2490373&page=1

MEOW! Good one.

Good one? I explained why I made the choice I did. Got a better option that does what I ask?

If not then I guess it's not a good one, just peanut gallery chime-in.

I'm done with this. You know what they say about arguing with idiots.

JHZR2 out.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

I've been wanting to get this battery analyzer for awhile now. May go grab this one afternoon.

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2490373&page=1

MEOW! Good one.

Good one? I explained why I made the choice I did. Got a better option that does what I ask?

JHZR2 out.

Lighten up, Francis. Buh Bye.

Quote:
However, my point, as it has always been, is that no matter who is doing the acquisition of Chinese stuff, it is robbing US jobs.

This old argument.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

Chinese imports went up 4x in ten years. Chinese exports went up 5x in ten years.

This is NOT a zero sum game, even though people want it to be. The main thing about those numbers at the link is that they are both going up! This means greater economic activity and both sides are getting richer. The 5x exports means job growth HERE because all of that stuff has to get made.

Trade benefits both parties otherwise it wouldn't occur.

Now back to your regularly scheduled free trade bashing thread....

I know why you posted that in this thread. A little low on your part........

lol.gif
Now that's a good one. You can tell a jcwit who happens to be a veteran, that like you, shops at HF when it suits his needs, standards and requirements that:
Quote:
"3X is a charm. You dont care about jobs or the future of the country. Thanks for taking a check, hope you remember who is paying the bills (hint, it IS the Chinese, thanks to you)... Yet I get to pay for it" .

Now for those of us that "don't comprehend" it's not about jcwit being a disabled veteran, but you're payin for it? Just you. He didn't earn it.

And then turn around and tell another poster that links to your purchase from HF that his post is a "a little low". Stunning! Pot kettle.

At least jcwit doesn't talk out of both sides of his mouth and criticize others, while adopting a do as I say not as I do attitude. What's comical is to now watch you trying your best to justify your HF purchase(s) with all kinds of rationalizations to some how make your HF purchase different from others here. What important though is at least it makes you feel that way, somehow superior to other HF purchasers here because your's is the only legitimate HF purchase.

But I thought you also said we beat this horse enough. Open mouth, insert foot. But I know, no one comprehends anything but you.

This is really a low below the belt attack IMO!
IIRC in the thread he wanted to buy American but couldn't find what he needed.

It not like he went out with the full intention of buying Chinese from HF there was no viable alternative!
There is a huge difference between a specialized piece of testing equipment and a hammer.
Quote:
You can tell a jcwit who happens to be a veteran

Please, please give this veteran business a rest, for pete's sake thats enough already.
Everybody thanks him for his service and has nothing but the utmost respect for veterans but this is getting over the top.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet

Everybody has had a fair say in this thread!
Proof mods just don't lock treads that may have negative things said about them. Kudos!

Last edited:

JHZR2 out.

So now you see the need to start name calling.

Real class act!

Originally Posted By: Trav

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
I'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked yet

Everybody has had a fair say in this thread!
Proof mods just don't lock treads that may have negative things said about them. Kudos!

Yes!

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:
However, my point, as it has always been, is that no matter who is doing the acquisition of Chinese stuff, it is robbing US jobs.

This old argument.

http://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

Chinese imports went up 4x in ten years. Chinese exports went up 5x in ten years.

This is NOT a zero sum game, even though people want it to be. The main thing about those numbers at the link is that they are both going up! This means greater economic activity and both sides are getting richer. The 5x exports means job growth HERE because all of that stuff has to get made.

Trade benefits both parties otherwise it wouldn't occur.

Now back to your regularly scheduled free trade bashing thread....

So for just the month of January trading with china was $34B imported-$8 billion exported= -$26B trade deficit. You call being $26B in the hole and 3x what we export to china mutually beneficial
crazy.gif
?

You guys that are complaining about the quality of the HF tools should go back and look again. Yes they used to be pretty bad. Most if not all their tools have gone way up where quality is concerned.

Especially their air tools, ratchets and sockets. They sell an awsome plastic coated ratchet with 72 teeth. Does not make sparks if you short it to a battery, feels great in your hand and is worlds ahead of the raised Panel Craftsman ratchets.

Their impact sockets are great too. If you should happen to break one(USA made ones break too)they give you a whole new set.

I have over 200 hrs on one of their 800w 2stroke generators! It cost $89 and saved our hyde when the power went out a couple weeks ago. It ran my mothers oxygen generator and a refrigerator all day.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
You guys that are complaining about the quality of the HF tools should go back and look again. Yes they used to be pretty bad. Most if not all their tools have gone way up where quality is concerned.

Especially their air tools, ratchets and sockets. They sell an awsome plastic coated ratchet with 72 teeth. Does not make sparks if you short it to a battery, feels great in your hand and is worlds ahead of the raised Panel Craftsman ratchets.

Their impact sockets are great too. If you should happen to break one(USA made ones break too)they give you a whole new set.

I have over 200 hrs on one of their 800w 2stroke generators! It cost $89 and saved our hyde when the power went out a couple weeks ago. It ran my mothers oxygen generator and a refrigerator all day.

Please, do not add any sane and rational responses to this topic. They will get lost with all the flaming rhetoric. You need to understand some people buy from HF only under "duress" and you make their feelings hurt by bringing out better deals from HF.

- Vikas

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mechanicx

So for just the month of January trading with china was $34B imported-$8 billion exported= -$26B trade deficit. You call being $26B in the hole and 3x what we export to china mutually beneficial
crazy.gif
?

If America was so poorly off, we would not be ABLE to keep buying all that stuff. The fact we are ABLE to buy this many foreign goods indicates that our economy is better off than theirs. You are thinking in a zero sum game, which economics is not.

I'll trade electronic money for real goods any day.

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Originally Posted By: mechanicx

crazy.gif
?

If America was so poorly off, we would not be ABLE to keep buying all that stuff. The fact we are ABLE to buy this many foreign goods indicates that our economy is better off than theirs. You are thinking in a zero sum game, which economics is not.

I'll trade electronic money for real goods any day.

It may be the case that America can still buy that Chinese junk for the time being but China wages and costs are rising and eventually in the next decade or so pricines will be high enough that the true poverty of typical US citizes will start to become very apparent. not to mention by that time if things keep going the way they are there will be nearly ZERO manufacturing in the USA. My guess is that the Veitnamese will be making our toilet paper and cheetos. As a result the unemployment rate in the USA will be close to 30% or more.

You are 100% correct!
Unfortunately the most people wont believe this until THEIR job is gone and they end up on the public cow.
When their however many weeks dole runs out and the house and everything else is gone for a swim up the Suwannee they will then blame it on the poor buggers who saved their money and invested wisely and blame them for their own stupidity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back