March 03 L'nG Article on Drain Intervals

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Pablo:
The surface article posted on the Amsoil website is NOT the full article in Lubes 'n Greases!!!!!!!!!!!!

While it quotes McFall properly, it's just selected portions. All the Amsoil hype is NOT in the real article that you read by clicking on the link to the PDF as TS mentions.

Actually, I was referring to the four-page article via the PDF link at the bottom of the lead-in article. Of the four pages, only the first two talk about extended drains & industry activity. The remaining two pages discuss the marketing practices of Amsoil, Mobil & Shell, with fully 1/2 of that space devoted solely to trumpeting the virtues of Amsoil's oil & activity. The final page only offers back-handed compliments, innuendo & unsubstantiated conspiracy theories.

As I mentioned earlier, I'm glad TS posted the link info. I was simply expecting more industry info from what, I assume, is an industry magazine. Also, as a presumably unaffiliated source of reporting, I was somewhat disappointed at the article's biasing of certain information & ignoring other information. I have no problem with Amsoil's oil; the article simply seemed unbalanced.

McFall used to "work" for the API as I recall - API and Amsoil aren't exactly bedmates.

It's an editorial. I think he was trying to wake up the 3K herd. I think he did a good job of it.

As far as this month's (April) issue: His editorial article is also worth a read. Aftermarket Lube Additives.
Wow he takes them all on at once! This is easier than taking on the big oil 3K OIC guys, from our point of view....he doesn't go into chemical detail on the additives, so you could criticize him on that...
cool.gif

It's interesting to note as well, the head of the mag (can't remember her name) talks about McFall in her intro for this issue.....I'm sure she heard from the woken up big boyz...

quote:

It's still pretty hard on ExxonMobil however

In what way was it hard on ExxonMobil? I don't have access to the whole article, only what is on the Amsoil site. The only thing I could think would be increased sales by pushing the "follow your manual approach".

Just read the article. It wouldn't laod before. I see what your saying about it being hard on exxonmobil, and I'm glad the article was. It's all about the Benjamins.
grin.gif
As much as I don't like Amsoil's marketing, I have to give them a lot of credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back