Regane @ Biglots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never used this before as I'm a RL Si-1 guy. Plus never been in a Biglots either. However there is one close by to another place I frequent, so I stopped by to investigate.

Found about 20 bottles of 12oz Regane HM cleaner on the shelf for $3/bottle. From what I've read here, this product has sufficient PEA and is effective when cleaning is necessary. This beats O'Reilly's BOGO deal on Techron hands down. Smells worse than Si-1.

While there also found SAE40 oil for @2.40 for my old mower burning oil and 16oz cans of Johnsen 134a for $8/can! MUCH cheaper than what I've been paying. My evap has a slow leak.

Thanks for cluing me onto this place BITOG! I like saving $$$$

Did they have "All In One" for $4?

That's an even better buy. Same concentration of PEA so twice as much PEA for a $ more.

Last edited:
May have. I was focused on the HM. Not familiar at all with Gumout FI cleaners. I'll look it over next time I'm in. The 134a deal was the best surprise by far! That stuff has really escalated the past 4 years.

Totally forgot...also found 32oz Greased Lightning cleaner/degreaser for $2.50. Practical Sailor rated this #1 for it's class of cleaners. Been wanting to try it out. I like BL!

I've stockpiled quite a bit of the Gumout/Regane, 12 ounce, Fuel System cleaner, non concentrated while in Florida, shopping at BL.

I take an empty MMO quart bottle and add 16 ounces of this Gumout/Regane Fuel system cleaner to the red bottle.

I then take 16 ounces of TC-W3 and add it to the MMO bottle with the 16 ounces of Gumout/Regane from BL.

Mix well...... and fill up empty 6 ounce bottles of the Gumout/Regane concentrated Fuel System or injector cleaner bottles with 5 to 6 ounces of the blended mix.

I now have a nice stash of dosing bottles, pre-filled with additive, for each fill up of 15 gallons of gasoline at the pump.

When the stash of premixed additive bottles get used up....refill the 6 ounce bottles using the same procedure with the empty MMO bottle.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting up about the 2 step professional cleaner.

I used the 3M kit and had a problem with it, so went to Techron and then Gumout All In One.

My observation is that the slower cleaning of PEA in the tank might be better as it is less likely to dislodge anything large and clog injectors or clog something else.

A shop needs to improve the performance in one visit, hence the professional kits.

Does anyone think that there are other advantages to the professional kit compared to PEA in the tank?

Would just like to share some info with you guys. I just used a bottle of regane ultra concentrated in my gfs civic, it ended up throwing a CEL , bad O2 sensor. Similar incident happened when I used it in my Acura. Had to end up changing the CAT and O2 sensor to get rid of the CEL. I am not pointing the finger at Regane since I have no scientific proof. However both instances happened with Regane in the gas tank. Other products that I have used without any ill effect on these vehicles : Techron , MMO and Seafoam.

Just thought you guys might like a heads up.

Was it a P0420 code? Did you try a good long highway run on fresh gasoline of a different brand before going the cat&02 route?

yea I couldnt afford the repair right away , had just started a new job , so it must have ran at least a couple of tankfuls. I dont have the code number for the civic ( one of my friends is a honda cert tech and he had his own code reader ) . TL was an 0420 code. We cleared it , and it would come back.

I always use 93 oct in the acura , gf usually gets regular in her civic.

I am sorry to hear but generally P0420 code means your catalytic converter efficiency has gone below the threshold. The threshold is extremely high and many many vehicle will get that error once passed 100K miles.

I personally do not believe that using fuel system cleaner provokes the said cat converter code.

On the other hand, I have used them for decades and all my vehicles have those codes :-(

- Vikas

On my visit to BL today, I noticed that they now have on the shelf, next to the Gumout/Regane, non concentrated, Fuel System cleaner in 12 ounces, a new addition.

Gumout/Regane, non concentrated, HIGH MILEAGE, Fuel System cleaner in 12 ounce bottles for the same price....$3.00

I don't know what the major differences are in ingredients, between the two products.

However, the new addition bottles are still clear in the same shape but they have a blue in orange label, instead of the blue and yellow label, while the color of the HM is darker and closer to an ORANGE color as opposed to the regular bottles in Lemon Yellow.

Maybe it's all the same.....it is made by SOPUS out of Houston, TX....and could be old stock since it is non-concentrated.

Personally, I prefer the non-concentrated versions of Fuel System cleaners, since I mix these cleaners with TC-W3. I'm glad that these are still available since the concentrated version would be a little.....too much.... for maintenance doses.

From what I remember, the High Mileage has less PEA than the regular Regane. I can't remember what HM has in it, but it does have something that the regular doesn't have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back