Just installed Fierce Instinct ZR's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to the tire shop near my house for four tires for the Mustang. They carry mostly Goodyear. I was looking at the Eagle GT's for 205 installed, then came accross the Fierce Instinct ZR's for 180 installed, which is a similar tread pattern. As far as I know, Fierce is made by Goodyear. They do feel alot better than my BFG KDWS, but that could be in my head. It's ouring out now. They handled the rain well. They have a 50K treadlife warranty, as well. Look nice on the car, too. I'm satisfied. Oh, I filled with Nitrogen. Six bucks a tire, free refills for life of the tire.

66936fierceinst_00000025908.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like nice tires.

A tip on nitrogen. Most places that charge for it will still fill the tires with nitrogen if you refuse the fee.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher

What Country are they made in?

+1

A lot of the no-name tires are Chinese.

Last edited:
The lack of information about the company on its web site is telling that they don't want the customer to know much.
http://www.fiercetires.com/

One indie retailer on the list near me shows three brands on their web site...GY, Kelly, and Dunlop, the latter two GY brands. Fierce seems to be a GY brand marketed to a different demographic or different image or price point than their other tires.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

+1

I believe DOT requires country of origin to be stamped/pressed into the rubber on the tire; I can't recall tires I've ever bought in the past not being marked as such.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666

+1

So are plenty of brand-name tires!

I noticed Canadian Tire added that tire to their lineup within the past couple of weeks, as I'd been looking into tires for a friend's car. It does look like a off-brand version of the Eagle GT.

Fierce is a Dunlop performance brand , not much different than how Eagle is to Goodyear. All dunlop tires available in America are made by goodyear under license from Dunlop ( from Europe ), using the same molds and the same tire tech.

That being said, I believe the set you have might have a 30k warranty, I think its the Instinct VR that have a 50k warranty. Nonetheless , great sticky all season tire for the money.

Most every Fierce tire I have sold has been made in the US. However I just put some VR's on a Ford Focus and noticed they were made in Brazil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back