Five Guys Burgers and Fries

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you guys think about this place? If you like it, how often do you go? How is your overall general experience of it? What would you change? Did you ever think the attitude of the crew working, was fake?

I'm asking because I worked as a manager for this company for nearly four years, I helped open and train store crews for 6 out of 14 stores. For the four years I was there, the only customer feedback that I ever saw was from Secret Shoppers and occasional surveys. And of course, the responses were very short and blunt.

There are quite a few things about this company I never understood back then, but after watching Undercover Boss, it made me understand how important customer service is. I want to know your experiences.

Been twice. Not worth waiting in line.

(blunt
lol.gif
)

Seriously. Not grilled, tough cold fried burger on a lousy bun. Tons of fries which I can't finish. Got the spicy fries second time. Don't bother.

This is the Bellevue WA store (near Sears)

PS There is a BITOG food section forum.

I went there once, long ago. I found it tasty but realized that all that grease is why Americans are ginormously obese.

That said, I could go for a greasy meal sometime, and your question makes me want to go to five guys and try it out again (the other time was in 2005).

Ill report back when I do.

There is one on base here, but I dont really eat there since I dont eat out often. I would cook the burgers over a fire and use real cheddar not processed cheese. Good fries, pretty good burgers but not good enough to make me go out for. People are friendly at most of the ones I have been to with the one on base and the one in DC airport being the worst.

Originally Posted By: GMZ
There is one on base here, but I dont really eat there since I dont eat out often.

It has got to be better than the "Rice King", which Navy folks should know about...

I ate there once. It was their grand opening in Daytona Beach. The place was packed and took a long time to get the food. The food was just ok and not worth the price. There were 4 of us from work that went and not one has been back again.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

(blunt
lol.gif
)

Seriously. Not grilled, tough cold fried burger on a lousy bun. Tons of fries which I can't finish. Got the spicy fries second time. Don't bother.

The bun on which all Five Guys sandwiches are made from, is what makes their food "so good". All other stuff is ordinary vegetables and meat you can buy at any grocery store.

Where I live, and when I used to work for them, we had "regular" customers that come in two or three times a week, sometimes all in a row! I don't understand how people can be so crazy for their food when it is, at most, very very basic.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BrownBox88

(blunt
lol.gif
)

The bun on which all Five Guys sandwiches are made from, is what makes their food "so good". All other stuff is ordinary vegetables and meat you can buy at any grocery store.

Why do they presquish the cooked burger assemblies (also note I added a bit to my post)

(blunt
lol.gif
)

Why do they presquish the cooked burger assemblies (also note I added a bit to my post)

Depending on who is wrapping burgers at the end of assembly, they're really not suppose to be squished at all. Just wrapped tightly, so when you open the foil, it won't fall apart.

My MAIN gripe is all the peanuts on the floor!

Last edited:
Like it. Had one here locally, but prices were above local places like Cook Out chargrilled burgers, so it went out of business.

Burgers, toppings fresh, quick service, clean surroundings. I only get the smaller cheesburger, enough. Fresh made fries, more than one can eat even in small size, always split with whoever I'm with. More than enough.

That said, now that closest one is > 20mi. away, rarely get there.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
I was at 5 Guys Burgers the other night..It was the one on Washington Ave in Miami Beach..It was awesome..The fries were awesome also.

From what I remember, that location serves Beer!

I tried it in TX when I was there for work... Burgers were good, fries were my favorite. It was a tad bit pricey, though. I'd go back...

What is so great about the bun?

As someone who has lived between NYC and Philly all my life, I know good bread (with the exception of SF sourdough). And Im picky about rolls/buns/bread. All the more reason I have to go check it out...

But what is so special about it?

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
I had to go to TX for work... I had to try it. Burgers were good, fries were my favorite. It was a tad bit pricey, though. I'd go back...

But INN n OUT is so much better! LOL

I've been to the local one a half dozen times, but only because a friend likes it. Personally, I don't understand what the fuss is about, it is just another burger place. If I have to eat fat I want some taste in return, and the tradeoff here isn't worth it, IMO.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

What is so great about the bun?

As someone who has lived between NYC and Philly all my life, I know good bread (with the exception of SF sourdough). And Im picky about rolls/buns/bread. All the more reason I have to go check it out...

But what is so special about it?

The overall taste of the bun is "sweet". This is why they toast it on the grill for a minute or two, so that the buns "caramelize". The recipe has more sugar than normal buns. Eat a non-toasted bun, it taste like sweet hawaiian rolls, then take one that toasted and it's an even sweeter taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back