Don't you just hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but only because at that point I've got a hangover too, and probably got sand inside my socks.

Sounds like an Aussie problem.

australia-spider-welcome.jpg

It's a bit hard to run when you are driving, pull down the sun visor, and have that big one drop onto your face or lap...have had that 3 times over 25 years.

That arcitrave/moulding on the left is probably 1", and the cornice to the right about 3"

Spider at full sideways span probably 3'...can be 5-6" full span 'though.

edit...had an arachnophobe mate, who had one of those mothers in the house (they carry the young on their back)...he hit it with a broom, and it "shattered" into hundreds of spiders. He was a quivering wreck when we got back to his place.

Last edited:
There are 242 spiders online right now...so it says over on the left side of the forum. Be careful and don't lay down while viewing this site!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Sounds like an Aussie problem.

australia-spider-welcome.jpg

That gives me goose bumps and makes me sick to my stomach! LOL I hate spiders!!

Is that some kind of Tarantula?

They can get to six inches around here, and migrate in September. Roads are pretty tough on them.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
....edit...had an arachnophobe mate, who had one of those mothers in the house (they carry the young on their back)...he hit it with a broom, and it "shattered" into hundreds of spiders. He was a quivering wreck when we got back to his place.
The wolf spiders in my area do the same thing. I came across one in the garage once and didn't realize that the fuzz on her back was her young-uns. I tried to encourage her to leave the garage and as soon as the broom I was using touched her, she exploded and the kids were everywhere. That almost turned me into an arachnophobe right there.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
We don't get many spiders where I am at...I couldn't be happier in that regard. Catching flies and other bugs is enough for me...

Amen to that! Hate spiders with a passion...

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
We don't get many spiders where I am at...I couldn't be happier in that regard. Catching flies and other bugs is enough for me...

Real winters do have their benefits eh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back