All Toyota's still come with a full spare tire....

Status
Not open for further replies.
While other manufacturers are moving towards that slime-filler can.

I wonder if curb weight includes the spare tire or not.

Our Sienna has a donut and not a full size. The damaged tire also needs to be stored in the vehicle, it won't fit where the spare came from. At least they provide a handy strap for it.

Highlander has a fullsize spare with a matching wheel for five wheel tire rotations. Ideally this is what all cars would have.

Last edited:
Both of my Toyotas (2007 Corolla and 2011 Camry) came with donut spares.

I think by "full spare tire", OP meant that they come with a spare tire at all, and not a "full size" spare tire.

Sounds like they upgraded on the third gen Sienna and gave you a strap. Only a donut spare for me as well. When towing, I carry in my trunk one of my full size winter tires as a spare. Real PITA. I wish the storage spot for the donut were big enough, as I would just keep one of my off season full size tires there at all times.

Yaris came with inflated donut. I bet corolla, and all Scions come with donut also. I havent checked my Honda Fit. I like my Fiat with the spare between the engine and firewall up front.

Last edited:
Fit has a donut spare. Cruze has no spare, and no place to put one. Don't worry, it's the trim level I got. Other trims have donuts.

Originally Posted By: mareakin
While other manufacturers are moving towards that slime-filler can.

I wonder if curb weight includes the spare tire or not.

Do you want to explain exactly what you mean? Full spare tire (maybe/probably donut) or full size spare? Big difference.

Not exactly. I'm currently shopping Siennas and all of the AWD models have NO SPARE and RFTs. Once I learned that, I am looking at FWD only. Better off (and cheaper) to get a second set of wheels and Blizzaks.

Originally Posted By: rslifkin
^ At least they were nice enough to give you runflats, rather than just a can of fix-a-flat.

"Give" you runflats?

Also, Have you ever priced a new set of those? Besides that, there are very limited selection of available choices. Many new car buyers weren't aware that had them until it was time for replacement. Obviously not BITOGers but you get the idea.

Last edited:
Anything with traction control generally has a full size. Though my parents 2001 LeSabre does not, but specifies not to drive the car over some low speed for only a short distance or rotate the spare to the rear or severe damage to the drivetrain will result due to different tire diameters. . AWD's also usually have full size spares. I hear stability control also wreaks havoc on those systems as well.
Indydriver mentions this with the Sienna.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back