Fram Air Hog Discontinued?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm getting mixed results on Google. Fram still has the filter on their website, but some car forums people
are saying it's discontinued. Why would Fram discontinue a perfectly good product? It makes no sense.

They are great filters. I have 4 Fram Air Hogs and they hold up well. Just use the cleaner and re-oil and they are ready to go.

Maybe they just did not catch on with the public. I bought all 4 of mine on Amazon for under $8 each. The cleaner and the application was harder to find.

Sorry to hear the bad news.....

Oiled cloth filters have shown to filter worse than paper filters. The only indicated use for these is in an extremely dirty environment where constant cleaning is necessary, like on a dirt bike.

Also the advantages of increased flow are not that beneficial, these claims are greatly overstated.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I'm getting mixed results on Google. Fram still has the filter on their website, but some car forums people
are saying it's discontinued. Why would Fram discontinue a perfectly good product? It makes no sense.

From what I've read, they did discontinue manufacturing them, but they had such a large stock of filters made, they're selling them mostly on Amazon. Parts stores no longer sell them. Check Amazon.

They don't have any left at Amazon, but there's 5 left at RockAuto. It just makes absolutely no sense to me what-so-ever for them to discontinue a perfectly good filter that was an excellent alternative to K&N. Flat out ridiculous.

Originally Posted By: Corvette Owner
Oiled cloth filters have shown to filter worse than paper filters. The only indicated use for these is in an extremely dirty environment where constant cleaning is necessary, like on a dirt bike.

Also the advantages of increased flow are not that beneficial, these claims are greatly overstated.

Where has it been shown they are worse?

Who knows what is in the pipeline at Fram.....maybe another version of the Air Hog will be released soon. I still have two that are still packaged and have not been used. I rotate the two open filters for every other oil change. They have held up well and should last for many years to come.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
They are great filters. I have 4 Fram Air Hogs and they hold up well. Just use the cleaner and re-oil and they are ready to go.

Maybe they just did not catch on with the public. I bought all 4 of mine on Amazon for under $8 each. The cleaner and the application was harder to find.

Sorry to hear the bad news.....

Can you use the K&N cleaner/oil kit for the Air Hog? I don't see why not
smile.gif

I have 3 K&N filters and one Air Hog along with the K&N cleaning/oil kit. I haven't tried cleaning the Air Hog with the K&N stuff, as the AH is not ready for cleaning yet.

I bought a Fram Air Hog on a whim. I wasnt' even looking for any air filter at all! Pep Boys just happened to have one(1) on sale/closeout/discontinued, for $7.00 that just happened to fit my '04 Nissan Altima 2.5 S, so I grabbed it!

Think this is worth buying? Checking out rockauto, it looks to come in right under $30 shipped-still cheaper than a K&N.

Think I could use a K&N cleaning kit on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back