car glass window sticky rubber

Status
Not open for further replies.
I note this only when it cold out side, when I try roll my driver side window down, the rubber part inside that stick to the glass and made my window hard to roll down. but roll up very no problem, and when it hot out, window roll down and up no problem. I wonder any kind of spay I can spay on the rubber part and kinda soften it up a bit, so it dont stick to the glass window. thanks.

Don't use WD40 or silicone spray - it will leave your glass all messy. Use a dry lube like this:

http://www.liquidwrench.com/products/#!/5

their dry lube is recommended for windows. It leaves a powder like dry lube behind....it is what we use in our plant to free up tight door glass like you are experiencing.

Interesting.

My windows aren't slow to move, but seldom used ones will give a good pop as the rubber releases from the glass when I use it. Very annoying.

Should it be sprayed into the rubber's track or sprayed onto a rag and wiped, etc?

Should a non-aerosol version be Roy d and brushed on?

What about the lower squeegee? I assume that should be left alone so it doesn't smear too much?

Run krytox on the door seals, but figure it would make a mess on windows, no?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Interesting.

My windows aren't slow to move, but seldom used ones will give a good pop as the rubber releases from the glass when I use it. Very annoying.

Should it be sprayed into the rubber's track or sprayed onto a rag and wiped, etc?

What about the lower squeegee? I assume that should be left alone so it doesn't smear too much?

thank for moving it to correct forum
smile.gif
. Your question is exactly how I would ask too, I want to know a little more info on how-to before I rush to auto part for it.

'08+ Imprezas are known for their slooooow rear windows (I'm assuming all imprezas - I don't think my STI has a different regulator setup,) ever since they framed them in. This hasn't really bothered me in the past but a few weeks ago, when I went to roll down the rear windows for the first time in a few months, they made the usual popping noise from being stuck to the rubber, but also made a godawful screeching noise halfway down. I tried exercising them a couple of times to no avail, so I began searching for how to properly lube the rubber.

Interesting.

I purchased some Liquid Wrench dry lube and used it just now. I stuck the red tube into the channel of the window frame and ran along the three sides, giving short bursts as I went. Underneath the top I used some paper towels to catch what little extra dribbled down.

After a few more up-and-downs, the window is now silent. If it weren't for this thread and Liquid Wrench, I'd probably have have tried something like silicone or taken it to the dealer before the warranty expires (extended warranty.)

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
'08+ Imprezas are known for their slooooow rear windows (I'm assuming all imprezas - I don't think my STI has a different regulator setup,) ever since they framed them in. This hasn't really bothered me in the past but a few weeks ago, when I went to roll down the rear windows for the first time in a few months, they made the usual popping noise from being stuck to the rubber, but also made a godawful screeching noise halfway down. I tried exercising them a couple of times to no avail, so I began searching for how to properly lube the rubber.

Interesting.

I purchased some Liquid Wrench dry lube and used it just now. I stuck the red tube into the channel of the window frame and ran along the three sides, giving short bursts as I went. Underneath the top I used some paper towels to catch what little extra dribbled down.

After a few more up-and-downs, the window is now silent. If it weren't for this thread and Liquid Wrench, I'd probably have have tried something like silicone or taken it toe dealer before the warranty expires (extended warranty.)

where u buy your liquid wrench dry lube at ? now down here it getting over 65 degree every day now, and i have no problem of rubber stick to glass only cold weather, but I will stil use it anyway. thanks

Last edited:
I also use the liquid wrench dry lube. Prior to that the window was pulling the rubber tracks down out of the window frame with the window. People tell me I put my windows up and down too much... I prefer having the windows down.

I bought mine at advance auto - could only find aerosol, though I wanted liquid.

GMboy recommended it which is why I got some. Sprayed it on a rubber track I was replacing on my 82 Mercedes. The unlubed OE rubber was causing the regulator to torque badly. This stuff made it slide easy. Not sure how long it might last, but we will see.

Wonder if I should apply it to my convertible seals?

update it been a while i forgot about this topic
smile.gif
:

liquid wrench dry lube is [censored], it leave white stuff and it get dry up the next day or so, and it dry very fast, i mean it get dry very fast. it leave a white stuff on my window glass and rubber.

i test it on the door hinges, it work for a day, and next day it squeak when hot out.

but one good thing that, it do not smell. 0 to no smell at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back