Best price for Honda DW-1 ATF and a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much are you guys paying per quart for the DW-1?

IS this fluid a synthetic blend or full synthetic? Some are writing that it's now synthetic blend, while others are stating it's full synthetic. What's the real scoop on this?

H and A accessories has a very good price, although shipping isn't cheap. That's where I bought my last case. Maybe a local dealer would match it? I know there's a Carquest Auto Parts affiliate near me that carries it, but I haven't had the need to negotiate a volume discount over there as yet.

I am putting a sample of this fluid in the mail to Blackstone today, so I should have a UOA within a week or two. Not sure if it will answer any questions about the fluid's composition, but I plan to post it when I receive it.

Originally Posted By: oiltard
I am putting a sample of this fluid in the mail to Blackstone today, so I should have a UOA within a week or two. Not sure if it will answer any questions about the fluid's composition, but I plan to post it when I receive it.

That would be super. Thank you!

Cool. How many miles are on the sample? Even though it's easy to change I wonder if you can double the recommended interval.

My sample only has 7800 miles on it since I had all the Z-1 exchanged for DW-1 in my 2005 Civic. I had a transmission cooler installed at the same time, so I wanted to do an early drain/fill to make sure to get any manufacturing particles from the cooler out of there. Drain plug was spotless. Barely left a gray smudge on the rag used to wipe it.

And I think the recommended interval is 120,000 miles. I think one drain/fill of just about half the fluid on a warm, dry day each Spring will be plenty.

And I think the recommended interval is 120,000 miles. I think one drain/fill of just about half the fluid on a warm, dry day each Spring will be plenty.

Where you getting that number? My 2001 and 2005 Honda's had/have 60k initial drain/fills and then every 30k. The Pilot, I'm doing the same thing. No MM nonsense for me (except for the oil).

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

Where you getting that number? My 2001 and 2005 Honda's had/have 60k initial drain/fills and then every 30k. The Pilot, I'm doing the same thing. No MM nonsense for me (except for the oil).

From memory, which may not be the most reliable source.
wink.gif

Maybe it is 60k, then every 30k. I'd have to check the manual to tell you for sure, but I definitely remember it was longer than I'm willing to go.

From memory, which may not be the most reliable source.
wink.gif

[/quote]

Amen, brother.

I agree with you, I would never wait till 60k to do it the first time. I've been doing it every 30k on mine and it only takes about 8 months to get that many miles.

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch

My gfs honda civic specs it at 60k and every 30k after that. Thats for when using Z1. Currently she has Maxlife after a full system flush. Seems to be doing just fine, no difference between shifts. Better cold shifts though fwiw. Im planning of running it for 30k per manf service schedule.
Think she had ff in there before though, which might be Z1. It was dark when it came out, but not dirty nor did it smell burnt.

Id prolly call all the dealers in the area and see if they give you a price break or match prices for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: AdamL
Great tip on the free shipping, thanks. But I can't find the ATF online. Can you link to it?

Use part # 08200-9008A in the search by part number box. Select Acura, then punch in the part #.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back