new Dura-lube severe fuel system cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
2012-03-23_12-21-39_425.jpg

Has anyone used this stuff yet?? What did it do, if anything?? I cant find anything on it on the duralube site

Almost bought some because of the " 2x stronger than other brands" claim and it treats up to 42 gallons of gas
27.gif

but then i saw this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Dura-Lube-Severe-Fuel-System-Cleaner-16-oz/19887509#Specifications
looks suspiciously like the 3m fuel system treatment bottle. for 11 bucks that seems like almost as big of a ripoff as thier engine and tranny treatments unless they have 2 x the pea as techron or redline.

Yes, it looks like 3M fuel system treatment bottle.

Dura-lube is not the reputable brands like Lubegard, Lubro Moly, Redline, Amsoil, 3M ...

Wouldnt touch it with a ten foot pole. If you take care of your car you probably dont need a fuel cleaner. Anyway. If you have to buy something get some techron. Oreilly has a sale on it still....i think

the ldea of breaking loose lots of carbon at once could cause trouble. just look at my other posts to see what i like.

2x as concentrated as what?

regular stp is 99% kerosene and 1% additives.

borderline snake oil. would avoid.

you can get bogo on techron concentrate = real deal.

bought a similar duralube product at big lots for $5.50 cant tell it did anything, but gave me piece of mind
but they are a reputable company and i trust their products

I stocked up on Techron and Regane years ago and need to restock. I noticed the same thing at the shelf. It's nearly double the cost of Techron Plus which is not that far away from it in the picture. Yes, it's possible that you can get double the dosage out of Duralube, which makes it roughly the same cost as Techron Plus... so why not just buy Techron Plus until someone here can give more scientific info about Duralube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back