finaly gasoline no alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep i finally found gasoline with no alcohol, in wichita ks. i think its the ONLY one in town. kansas state does not required posting that alcohol is in gasoline. but does limit it to 10%. but most stations post it. if you ask they say "can have as much as 10%"

thats where i found my station. do you think ill get better MPG? i would NOT mind a little more power.

Originally Posted By: morris
thats where i found my station. do you think ill get better MPG? i would NOT mind a little more power.

Congrats. I'm jealous. Assuming no significant change in driving style, I predict 10% increased mileage.
/Kevin

10% would be great. i all ready gained 5% by changed the rear gear from 3.55 to 4.1, on a 2001 dakota v-6. dont for get i drive very HARD.

I took a motorcycle trip yesterday and went to a station on the list with no ethanol. Smelled the fuel in my tank and it had a faint stale smell like it was old or had lost volatiles. Mileage on that tank was down about 5 mpg, so I think it was old gas. My decision to buy at a higher volume station next fill may have been good.

HA, they do not even list Joisey on that site (shows you what chance/hope we have of EVER having alky-free fuel)!!
mad.gif
frown.gif

Went to the one in Issaquah WA today. Topped off with 8 gallons in a 19.5 gallon tank in my Colorado 3.5L I5. One thing I have noticed is that on the long, gradual 45 mph hill near my house, no more downshifting to maintain speed!!!

I am going to get a couple 5 gallon gas cans and take with me to keep at home for midweek top offs.

I paid $4.319/gal for 87 octane.

I'm sold.

Originally Posted By: ag_ghost
Originally Posted By: morris

Congrats. I'm jealous. Assuming no significant change in driving style, I predict 10% increased mileage.
/Kevin

crackmeup2.gif

More like %2 at the very most. If they were adding %10 water to all our gas, sure!

Last edited:
This summer I took a road trip, and in FL found a station that claimed 100% gas. I didnt notice the fuel economy benefit that I had anticipated.

Perhaps they were lying...

BIG NEWS i have been goofing it up. i have been using the wrong handle, i have NOT been using the right handle, thats my mistake for the year. so i have to start all over. bummer man.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
This summer I took a road trip, and in FL found a station that claimed 100% gas. I didnt notice the fuel economy benefit that I had anticipated.

Perhaps they were lying...

You must have miscalutated your mileage by mistake..The pumps do not lie in Fl..Epecially in Miami-Dade County.

what happened was the buttons are the left one is mid octane with alcohol, the middle was NO alcohol low octane, the right one was high octane with alcohol. and i THOUGHT the left one was low octane NO alcohol, but it wasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back