Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am intrigued by Kreen but the only valid candidate I have is my 2002 Civic with 186,000 miles that I bought new. It has had 5000 mile OCI's with conventional oils and does not appear to be sludged or varnished from what little I can see through the oil filler cap.

But I am willing to give this a shot. I don't have any problems or issues but the car is getting up there in miles so my question is this:

If I used Kreen in my Honda would I derive any benefit from it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would say almost ANY engine with that many miles on it could benefit from a Kreen dosage.

There's got to be carbon in the rings at that mileage, and kreen will cut it like hot water on butter.

Just follow the mfgrs instructions. Use it in both gas and oil.

Hey Bigdreama....I had similar circumstances with my 97 T4R. My truck runs like a top and has seen a lifetime of mostly Conventional Dino oils and a blend of Dino and Synthetic for most of it's life. I've kept it in very good condition and wanted to see if the engine needed to be cleaned. My T4R does not burn any oil between OCI's and that was not a concern.

Since I can't see past the black baffle in the oil filler tube....I decided to run a treatment of Kreen. For my first treatment of Kreen I used 18 ounces before my OCI. I put it in the sump only for a long 1.1K mile highway run at highway speeds. I changed out the oil and filter when the engine was good and hot and the Kreen and Oil flew out of the drain pan and left nothing behind. IMO...it really did some cleaning wherever dirt or varnish was found. I'm now running my second run of Kreen in the sump with about 750 miles on the treatment. The oil appears to be much cleaner with this second treatment of Kreen and I'll leave it in until I change out the oil. IMO...it looks like the First Kreen treatment did the cleaning. I also used 12 ounces of Kreen in a full tank of gasoline and I'm sure it found something to clean by the way the engine runs at a very smooth idle. IMO...you'll never know until you try it and see the results.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Metal,

You have finally seen the light! I am really envious of you. Logically, I agree with you one hundred percent but it is difficult to get away from all the "snake oils" :)

- Vikas

smile.gif
yes I seen the light thanks god, Save me alot moneys
smile.gif
and my engine running smooth with just oil and filter and add nothing else
smile.gif
. Yes its hard to get away from all the snake oil, but I alway watchout they bite !

Well, I changed out the oil and the 2nd dose of Kreen today after having it in my sump for almost 1.3K miles. For this second dose, I had added 12 ounces to the gas in the beginning of the run and 16 ounces in the sump. Total miles on the oil and Kreen is just over 5K.

The oil came out pretty clean for the 2nd run which leads me to believe that the 1st dose got all, if not most, of any build up in the engine. IMO...the second dose was really not necessary.

Most of my driving here in Orlando consisted short trips and day trips to South Florida, Tampa, Daytona and Jacksonville Beach, Florida.

I'm quite please with the condition of the oil and the filter after using this Kreen motor tonic and my T4R is running smooth and quiet. I refilled the sump with 3 quarts of Mobil Delvac Super Diesel Dino, 15w-40 and
3 quarts of Mobil Super Synthetic 0w-20. This blended mix for a synthetic blend should get me going and hopefully last till the summer and maybe longer. I replaced my oil filter with an over-sized Bosch D+ for this current run.

Anyway...there you have it. My 2 treatments of Kreen motor tonic and I'm ready to roll. Judging from how clean my oil and filter were when changed, I feel confident that the inside of my engine is spotless and any varnish stains were removed with the second dose of Kreen.

I also changed out my Fuel Filter and bracket which needed a change in a bad way after 50K of driving. Between the Kreen and the new Fuel filter it feels like I picked up 25 hp with this service.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Russell
Just received two quarts of Kreen today. I treated my BMW about 10,000 miles ago (fuel and oil). Going to do it again on my bmw and my wife's explorer as well. Seems to be great stuff.

I plan to use about 16 oz in my bmw 6 quart oil pan and about 8 oz in a 17 gallon gas tank. I will run the oil about 1,000 miles.

Just finished 1,100 miles of Kreen in my BMW. Oil was very dark. It was so dark that when I recycled it, the attendant said your car really needed an oil change. I tore the filter appart and was surprised to fine a fair amount of soft particles in the pleats. More than I did the first time I did kreen last summer. Well please with results.

I wanted to let everyone know what Kano Labs says on their newsletter I just received about Kreen. It says "Remember, it is only a modification of the Kroil formula, but it has the quality of dissolving the gum and tarring binders that cause carbon to clog valve stems and ring grooves.

All I know is Kreen works.

I've now recommended it to quite a few people with older vehicles that have lost their pick up here in FL. These vehicles have been on a steady diet of "Bulk Oil" from fast lube places and see a lot of stop and go driving. I've given them the literature and a empty Kreen can....it's up to them from here on out.

Originally Posted By: Mustangmaster
I wanted to let everyone know what Kano Labs says on their newsletter I just received about Kreen. It says "Remember, it is only a modification of the Kroil formula, but it has the quality of dissolving the gum and tarring binders that cause carbon to clog valve stems and ring grooves.

Update: Neighbors 07 camry I4 with oil consumption/sticky ring problems (has a TSB but out of warranty). Put 1/2 quart Kreen in the sump, 1/2 qt in the tank. Its been 1500 miles. Not a drop of consumption (usually at least 1/2 quart). Amazingly quiet. Wow! Thanks Kreen!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Stunning success is the hallmark of Kreen!

+1!!!!!!!!!!!! But where's the data backing it up????????? J/K

hahahahaha, good Bitog reply. You may now post one politically biased reference without charge!

But seriously, I still think almost any high mileage motor needs this stuff.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
hahahahaha, good Bitog reply. You may now post one politically biased reference without charge!

But seriously, I still think almost any high mileage motor needs this stuff.

Same page buddy, especially for someone who bought a used car and knows little about the history of it.

Originally Posted By: ltslimjim
I only need about 1 quart for my little 3.5 quart Civic VX's sump, right guys? That'd be around $30 shipped?

One can is a quart. You use half a can for a 5 quart pan so just a little less than half the can will do ya. Some say to pour the rest in the gas tank but I doubt that has as much effect as in the oil. I paid about $34 for 2 cans shipped.

Okay, nice. I'll probably just go for 1 can/quart.

I've heard in the gas might help PCV system. For my vehicle, that'd be worth a try in the fuel. So, that's about 12 ounces in the oil and how much to a 10 gallon tank? Another 10 or so?

Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Update: Neighbors 07 camry I4 with oil consumption/sticky ring problems (has a TSB but out of warranty). Put 1/2 quart Kreen in the sump, 1/2 qt in the tank. Its been 1500 miles. Not a drop of consumption (usually at least 1/2 quart). Amazingly quiet. Wow! Thanks Kreen!

That is pretty strong dose, right? How many quarts for oil change on that engine?

Frank,

Where is your own update on Kreen for the van? I do not recall reading your personal experience after putting Kreen in your vehicle.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Frank,

Where is your own update on Kreen for the van? I do not recall reading your personal experience after putting Kreen in your vehicle.

- Vikas

I ran it 1000 miles in my E-150, and the oil came out the about same as any other OC, maybe with a hint more brown color. I know that engine is spotless inside though.

I recently added about 6 ounces to the Aerostar and would say the oil is darkening faster than usual. But I only have it in about 500 miles since I added it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back