lubro moly moS2 update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't found any negative side effects while using it in my 99 Stratus, 125k, and Amsoil SSO for what is hopefully to be a 1 year OCI(not a daily driver).

I have used MOS2 in both cars 1/2 can per vehicle per OCI with LM 0W-30, Cars run very smooth and quiet. Bought a few cans at a local NAPA for under $5 each, worth every penny. MOS2 = Awesome

well I currently have MolySlip E in the engine and MolySlip ATS in the tranny. All I can say is Wow, I cant even feel the shifts now its so smooth idle is better and my fuel mileage is much better.
As long as everything goes well MolySlip has gained a customer for life.

Quick update: I changed the oil and added this (full can) to two of my vehicles, a '10 Dodge Nitro with the 3.7L engine and an '02 Olds Bravada with the 4.2L engine. In both vehicles I'm seeing just over a half mile per gallon increase and both run quieter. This is after 1,000 miles. Next vehicle to get it will be my daughters '99 Jeep Cherokee with 180k miles.

Originally Posted By: edvanp
Quick update: I changed the oil and added this (full can) to two of my vehicles, a '10 Dodge Nitro with the 3.7L engine and an '02 Olds Bravada with the 4.2L engine. In both vehicles I'm seeing just over a half mile per gallon increase and both run quieter. This is after 1,000 miles. Next vehicle to get it will be my daughters '99 Jeep Cherokee with 180k miles.

Thanks for the update. I'd be interested in reading how it works in the Jeep.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Just want you guys to know that Advance Auto price matched Napa @ 4.29 + tax.
While I do have some MoS2 on oder via NAPA, I thought I'd see if my local AAP could get it as well.

Unfortunately, I didn't have any luck with my guys.
confused2.gif

I looked on the AA site, and found it under Lubri Moly. Not Lubro. My store says its OOS but I imagine they can order it in. Its part #2009, and it $7.49 a can. So with %40 codes you could get it for $4.49. But again, my local Napa has sells it for $4.19, and Id have to order it too. Im thinking about getting some ordered. There are also some other "Lubri" Moly products like injector cleaner and valve cleaner. Whats your opinions on those?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: kasedian
I looked on the AA site, and found it under Lubri Moly. Not Lubro. My store says its OOS but I imagine they can order it in. Its part #2009, and it $7.49 a can. So with %40 codes you could get it for $4.49. But again, my local Napa has sells it for $4.19, and Id have to order it too. Im thinking about getting some ordered. There are also some other "Lubri" Moly products like injector cleaner and valve cleaner. Whats your opinions on those?

AAP has some off the wall prices don't they? I can only imagine the nice profit margin on some of these items.

Back to the topic. LM makes some good products, their injector cleaner and valve cleaner are worth a try. I've read some good things about them.

Added a can of MOS2 to the Miata a few days ago. Will update when I have more miles on it.

Originally Posted By: RnR
I looked on the AA site, and found it under Lubri Moly. Not Lubro.
Yep, a small but significant difference.

It's the same company / products. They use different trade names for different markets.

Liqui Moly is the umbrella company and Lubro Moly is one of their product lines.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Liqui Moly is the umbrella company and Lubro Moly is one of their product lines.

This. In the North American market, Liqui-Moly uses the Lubro-Moly alias because someone else owns the rights to the name "Liqui-Moly" in this market.

Im just saying, if you go to AA's website and looked for Lubro moly, it doesnt show up. But Lubri Moly does. And yes, it is the same thing.

Last edited:
Im just saying, if you go to AA's website and looked for Lubro moly, it doesnt show up. But Lubri Moly does. And yes, it is the same thing.

Nobody's disputing that, we're just explaining why there is more than one name related to the product.
cheers3.gif

Been using LM products for years, LM2009 is a good product and does cut consumption and make the engine smoother.
I buy it online, not through Napa though.
gowestyautoparts.com has everything, the additives, oils and engine flush for some great prices.

10-40 MoS2 for $24, 5-40 for $27 and 0-40 for $33.

Over 50 bucks free shipping which is fairly easy to reach when you start adding the goodies to your cart.

I have two Audi's so I pick up an OEM filter while I am at it.

Thought I would post a FYI for those who like LM products to save some money.

So I went to the local parts supply place yesterday as I know that they have LM products in stock. They have the MoS2 on the shelf. Was around six bucks out the door. Will Give it a try in the snow blower and perhaps the 5.9 as well. May also put a small amount in the Caravan.

John.

I just went down to the local NAPA the other day and bought two bottles for $4.xx each! Seems like a good deal if this stuff works as well as its hyped up to.

One bottle went in the Acura and the other bottle in my 01 F150 so we'll see...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back