Dash board protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have experience with Mothers VLR?

"Mothers® VLR quickly and easily cleans, conditions and protects a wide variety of vinyl, leather and rubber surfaces. This pro-strength, pH balanced formula safely cleans even the most stubborn ground-in dirt, soil and stains. Infused with neat’s-foot oil and lanolin, this all-in-one blend conditions and protects against drying, fading and cracking, in one simple step."

Originally Posted By: Travis99LS1
Tint the windshield...

That's what I did.
Now when I get in someone else's car I can't believe I ever drove with that much light coming in.

I still put some armor-all on my dash though, keeps it nice and shiny.

Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
Tint the windshield...

That's what I did.
Now when I get in someone else's car I can't believe I ever drove with that much light coming in.

Shiny dash means reflections, not good. Heavy tint also means diminished visibility at night. also not good. Just my opinion. Of course florida has diff issues because of bright sun and excessive heat.

Ran out of 303, but I think a dash made out of good plastic is more important than any protectant you put on it. And auto glass filters out UV so it shouldn't be a problem. I know it filters out enough that my Transition lenses remain clear. Heat is probably a bigger issue in hot climates. I use a windshield shade most of the time, and it definitely helps keep the interior a little cooler during the summer.

I think now I prefer to use a interior cleaner that has a UV inhibitor in it. Dashaway, Quik Interior Detailer, Black Magic Natural finish etc. They all leave a matte finish or at most a slight sheen. I equate shiny to cheap so I prefer that.

I don't think shiny looks cheap, but for me there is just shiny enough. I generally apply two coats, then after it sits for a while I buff off the excess with a microfiber. Spreads it around evenly and takes away most of the greasiness and leaves a more natural shine...

Originally Posted By: Russell
Originally Posted By: MrWideTires
Tint the windshield...

That's what I did.

Shiny dash means reflections, not good. Heavy tint also means diminished visibility at night. also not good. Just my opinion. Of course florida has diff issues because of bright sun and excessive heat.

Yeah in Florida the issue is not visibility, that's the least of your problems.
The #1 thing is keeping the cabin cool, you might have to tint the entire car very dark, tint the windshield, and leave the car running with the A/C on whenever you are gonna be stepping out for some time.
Some of the guys here that have cars with no A/C they say it's because they don't need it and that's for "whimps"... They're all full of it and looking for excuses... Having no A/C here is completely miserable.
I refuse to ride in a car without A/C unless it's december or january.

I actually like to use leather conditioner on the dash. Doesn`t make it *too* glossy and it makes my car smell great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back