Moly grease for wheel bearings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone use moly grease for wheel bearings? I have a couple tubs of Valvoline synpower and was going to repack my front wheel bearings. I have read that some people dont like moly on roller bearings due to it causing the rollers to slip. Others say that moly is the recommended grease for Ford wheel bearings. Will I have good results with the Synpower? I like using an easy to find grease that I can find at the local stores.

Synpower is a very good wheel bearing grease. What I gather is that if the grease has less than or equal to 5% moly, roller bearing slip is not a concern.

If its disc brake bearings,and its a RWD vehicle,I would say that you want a high temp grease.Brake rotors can glow red and that heat is transferred right to the hub (and thats where the bearings are).Lesser greases will thin and not flow to the rollers where its needed.

If the grease has an NLGI #2 and a GC-LB rating it's good to go in disc brake wheel bearings. If I remember correctly, the Valvoline Synpower grease has that rating.

I use Valvoline Durablend in every wheel bearing that I repack. I never had one problem.

Synpower would probably be even better.

According to the PDS, it is recommended for wheel bearings.

IMHO, Valvoline SynPower grease is the best there is for automotive applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back