Fusion 100,000 mile maintenance??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dan_erickson

PCV must be a dealer only item because I cannot find it aftermarket. I was afraid that the intake would have to come off to do the rear three plugs, is it a pain to pull the intake?

I got a Motorcraft from Rock Auto, but yeah, there aren't a lot of options out there. I believe NAPA has one, and then the dealer.

As far as getting to the rear plugs, yeah, it's a pain. It's more tedious than difficult. Some folks disconnect the minimum amt. of stuff and lift it out of the way, some disconnect everything and remove it. I'm in the latter camp, as I think more access is always better. It's just a lot of things (vacuum plugs/hoses/fuel rail, etc) to disconnect. I just put some painter's tape on each connection (both sides) and numbered them, so I didn't forget anything. I'd allot 2-3 hours to be on the safe side,though if it goes w/o a hitch it will be less than that.

Originally Posted By: JOD
Originally Posted By: dan_erickson

PCV must be a dealer only item because I cannot find it aftermarket. I was afraid that the intake would have to come off to do the rear three plugs, is it a pain to pull the intake?

I got a Motorcraft from Rock Auto, but yeah, there aren't a lot of options out there. I believe NAPA has one, and then the dealer.

As far as getting to the rear plugs, yeah, it's a pain. It's more tedious than difficult. Some folks disconnect the minimum amt. of stuff and lift it out of the way, some disconnect everything and remove it. I'm in the latter camp, as I think more access is always better. It's just a lot of things (vacuum plugs/hoses/fuel rail, etc) to disconnect. I just put some painter's tape on each connection (both sides) and numbered them, so I didn't forget anything. I'd allot 2-3 hours to be on the safe side,though if it goes w/o a hitch it will be less than that.

Go ahead and get the gearwrenches. Simplifies the EGR.

I tried just lifting up the intake a little. You can do it that way but it is probably just easier to take the upper intake off. It was a beast getting to that last plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back