WHAT OIL FILTER DOES EVERYONE USE ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been using a little of just about everything... wix, P1, fram XG, napa plat, D+, mahle, baldwin, fleetguard.

mostly p1 and wix tho.

I've use Bosch Premium, Napa Gold (Wix), and PureOne without issue, and will continue to use them in the future. I've recently purchased a Hyundai/Kia filter for my Optima, and I really like the way its constructed. I can't wait to cut it open.

I am Currently using a Fram High Mileage oil filter for last 2 oil changes no problem but will be changing over to K&N oil filter with next oil change.

Went back to Wix today on my G37. I was getting ready to do my oil change, assuming I still had some Bosch Premiums on the shelf. Fortunately, I checked before I drained the oil or removed the filter, since the shelf was bare.
wink.gif

Currently M1 on a 1zz-fe. Already have the filters lined up to be used next, which are Bosch D+, then Royal Purple twice, and most likely start on a stash of seven PureOne. That should take care of my car for the next 100k miles provided nothing disastrous should happen.

Wix 51356 (or 57356) or PureOne 14610 for my Civic and the girlfriend's TL. I use the P1's to make an Amazon order hit $25 so I can get free shipping or order the Wixes (Wixes?) by 4's or 5's if I'm placing a RockAuto order.

Gonna switch from Wix to the cheaper Purolators for her old car, a 2000 Chrysler Sebring, which she kept because it wasn't worth much to sell or trade and because it's a convertible. Since Wal-mart has them now. This will officially be on the 1 year OCI, need it or not, since it sees action typically about 1x/week, although it may see some more regular duty in the summer. The Purolator Classics should hold up just fine with the cheapest high mileage oil I can get my hands on (because of a very minor rear main seal leak that rears its ugly head if I use a non-HM semi-syn).

My cruze gets the ACDelco PF2257G cartridge filter (Made in USA, by Hengst)

The nox gets a Purolator PureONE, and the shadow gets a Purolator Classic.

Last edited:
Trying different oil filters on the Camaro and Sunfire. S10 uses UPF52 Ultraguard Gold, and will not stray from that.

Camaro has used PF35L. Had start up knock with that one. Well duh Einstien it has no ADBV! Learned that right here on BITOG.
Wix 51061 just came off last week, QS30 went on in it's place. In cue waiting is a Purolator, and a Mobil M1-302.

Sunfire has been using PF47's (old style) for about three years now. Last oil change at 195K I put on a Mobil M1-101. I have about 4 PF 47's in the cue and 1 Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
But the sexiest filter of all time was a Fram Tough Guard. I will never forget its wonderful curves...

Just like people ... it's what's inside that counts.
grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back