OIL ANALYSIS KITS??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: paulswagelock
Napa auto parts, $16 prepaid including tbn.

Really? That`s awesome! Didn`t know they did uoa`s.

Has anyone used a NAPA kit? Does the report look like a Amsoil OAI or Polaris report. I'll bet NAPA is really a Polaris. But $16 is very good especially for a single kit.

I used the NAPA UAO recently and was satisfied paid $13.99 plus shipping on my own for $2.40 how did you get it prepaid?

WIX also offers this service [part#24077] through any retailer that offers WIX filters including O Reilly Auto Parts, the best deal I have seen is fmsfilters [.com]at $10.99.

The WIX & the Napa are exactly the same kit and the lab will list them on the same paperwork if you switch between either WIX or Napa.

Toto.

Does anyone know if this is a polaris or a blackstone test analysis? This NAPA/WIX seems like a pretty good deal.

Hmmm, very interesting. Been reading some UOA's this morning apparently using this service. Looks good.

The Napa kit here is ~$14.00, even if shipping isn't included, add ~$2.50 for shipping, still a saver especially including tbn. Have to inquire at my local Napa today.

Interesting.....will have to check out Napa
wink.gif
That's one store I haven't been in lately hehe.

I recommend the MOB-1 ($14) or MOB-2 ($24) kits from www.wearcheck.com (919-379-4029). Both kits contain sulfur content analysis and trending graphs missing from basic kits provided by other laboratories. For $10 more, the MOB-2 kit provides TBN and TAN.

Here are examples of the reports:

The second page of each report contains the trending graphs. You are given an account to view the reports online.

Originally Posted By: pjf
I recommend the MOB-1 ($14) or MOB-2 ($24) kits from www.wearcheck.com (919-379-4029). Both kits contain sulfur content analysis and trending graphs missing from basic kits provided by other laboratories. For $10 more, the MOB-2 kit provides TBN and TAN.

You can also get MOB-2 with only TBN or only TAN if you wish, and that'll cost $19.

Interesting, BTW, thanks for the links guys! I went into NAPA today, after "reserving" the oil analysis kit online.....I figured, the site said they had it "instock" so I just went there anyways...well, walked in, asked for the "kit" they go "Oh you were just on our site!" I said yep....they said the website didn't give them my contact number (good thing I walked in :p) and they said their store didn't have the kit available...would be available tomorrow (which was today)....

So yea, I go there, and they wanted $12 or something, just for the plastic bottle(s), note, they didn't even include the zip lock baggie inside that B-S has.....nor did the kit contain any absorbent.....strnage....

And get this.....no postage paid.....? I them ask the counter guy if the $14 (or was it 16? can't remember....) includes the Testing, and he told me NO.....so basically they wanted to charge me $14 for a 3-4 oz. sample bottle, that slips inside the bigger, outer black bottle :p

I said "eh....I'll have to think about it" and just walked out...I was thinking for sure it would have been prepaid testing, or even pre-paid postage at that price?!?!

But then again, Oil Analyzers, Inc. has prepaid analysis for 32.20....

or non-postage paid for 22.45....

So, perhaps the NAPA price is "right" - depending on the cost of the WIX analysis....I was just turned away by the cost of the plastic container, so turned back around :p

But really....has anyone dealt with WIX and/or the NAPA Oil Analysis? Perhaps the analysis IS included, and the counter person just didn't "know" for sure....and was relaying me the wrong info?? Can anyone confirm either way, particularly if you've used the NAPA/WIX kits previously?

Just an update....I did go back to NAPA after researching a bit
wink.gif
And it appears that the cost of the sample bottle DOES indeed include the lab test....lol. The counter-person at Napa even apologized to me for the mixup, and I said no problem, etc...I'm sure they don't sell to many of them :p Afterall, they had to order it from another local NAPA and have it delivered....just lucky they didn't ship it back yet
wink.gif

So yea, I got it. Gonna be sending it in here sometime this week. And yea, it's not postage paid, but according the Blackstone site, it should only be a couple bucks to mail it...

Hey guys,

I've used the Napa analysis kits twice.

Although the results seemed fine, the turnaround time is extremely long. The first time, around early December, took almost a month before they emailed me with the results. They explained that "it was busy around the holidays" and apologized for the slow response.

I sent another sample in almost a month ago, as I am trying to see if my 2011 Kia Sorento is still having high Al & Si levels. Still no results!

For $14.84 (here in Tucson), it's not worth the headache IMHO, as I'm willing to pay extra for Blackstone, in order to get prompt results.

And I don't like the fact that fuel and insoluble levels are not included.

I guess you really do get what you pay for.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back