Castrol edge with spt 0w30 european

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hope this is in the right place, I'm a little confused I have the best uoa with castrol syntec 0w30 european in my LS1. now they have changed to castrol edge with spt technology 0w30 european stores say its the same just different packaging but when I call castrol they wont tell me either way. I just want to make sure IF its the same stuff or not. anyone here know for sure?

Interesting the PDS says it's A3/B3, A3/B4 but it only has a HTHS of 2.9. A3/B4 requires HTHS 3.5+. Is the PDS wrong? If so, why is it so difficult for oil manufacturers to get this information right the first time?

Scott

Originally Posted By: SLO_Town
Interesting the PDS says it's A3/B3, A3/B4 but it only has a HTHS of 2.9. A3/B4 requires HTHS 3.5+. Is the PDS wrong?

Castrol reports the minimum HTHS for Xw-30 grade oil which happens to be 2.9. Of course in case of GC this is wrong since it also meets ACEA A3 which means it actually needs to have HTHS of at least 3.5 as you noted.

Quote:

If so, why is it so difficult for oil manufacturers to get this information right the first time?

I'm scratching my head as well. Castrol is not the only company that sucks at it. Pennzoil comes to mind as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back