Peak oil vs the rest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to find a good conventional oil that is cheap $$$$ wise. I'm currently running PYB - NOT IMPRESSED. My choices are between Peak, Supertech, VWB, Castrol GTX, Havoline...

Valvoline NextGen has some great rebates going on at Oreillys if you are a Valvoline fan. Free oil and Microguard filter after mail in rebate. Will help your wallet if you need help with cash flow.

What do you not like about the PYB? Just curious as I have had excellent results with it. Alot less noise in my vehicles with PYB than the Motorcraft blend I had been using. I used GTX in a vehicle that I bought because that's what the previous owner always ran in it and I had no consumption issues with it. I have had consumption issues with motorcraft and valvoline but it was all on higher mileage vehicles and may have been no fault of the oils at all.

Originally Posted By: cjohns79ut
Trying to find a good conventional oil that is cheap $$$$ wise. I'm currently running PYB - NOT IMPRESSED. My choices are between Peak, Supertech, VWB, Castrol GTX, Havoline...

Any of those are decent. Just buy which ever happens to be on sale when you need it.

Originally Posted By: JavierG

Any of those are decent. Just buy which ever happens to be on sale when you need it.

+1. I especially like the 5 quart jugs of Havoline at WM. Great price everyday and the cheapest major name brand oil on their shelves. The Peak can be found with excellent sales at Autozone quite often also.

Mobil super and Peak are currently on specials, 9.99 for 5qts and a filter. Super is at autozone, peak at oriellys.

Originally Posted By: JavierG

11.gif
thumbsup2.gif

the peak actually seems like its weaker than the others listed if you look at the VOA, also if you have an alco near you they have Kendall semi-syn w/ titanium for 1.98 per quart

Originally Posted By: Dupree
the peak actually seems like its weaker than the others listed if you look at the VOA, also if you have an alco near you they have Kendall semi-syn w/ titanium for 1.98 per quart

Weak compared to what?

It clearly looks like a solid player to me and the price is usually very good, so it is a good value.

This is a second tier brand that actually competes with the better known brands effectively. I wouldn't hesistate to use it as a regular oil in my vehicles. Looks good for 5k changes.

from what you have listed, I would go with Havoline.

Anything with the latest api rating is great oil buy what you get cheap i personally used to use pyb but stopped i was not so happy with it either and it got expensive we use conoco and sometimes mobil at the shop and the uoa's come back very well when we do them

Originally Posted By: Dupree
even the synthetic doesn't look steller compared to other brands
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2445319&page=1
PYB more of all including moly
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2494434&page=1
vwb
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...rue#Post2287067
havoline
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2302737&page=1

That doesn't mean anything and is fairly normal for a 0w-20. You are comparing apples to oranges.

Please define what you mean by "doesn't look stellar" because you are merely spreading misinformation unless you can back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back