WHAT OIL FILTER DOES EVERYONE USE ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was curious as to what oil filter does everyone use? I personally either use WIX Gold/ NAPA Gold or MOPAR filters. Have taken them apart after 5,6,7 k oci's and they look to have held very well! Would like hear what brands all of you are using. I'm always open to new ideas!

Merging from PureOne's to NAPA Gold as I just got them super cheap.

The GMC Sierra still uses the Amsoil EaO though...

Code:
Azera Purolator PureOne

Brute Force Purolator PureOne

Elantra Purolator PureOne

F-150 FX4 Motorcraft

Mann in the BMW and MB.
Bosch in the Kawi. May switch to NAPA Gold/Wix if I find it on sale...

By the way, you do realize we have a dedicated oil filter subforum here...

Fram ToughGard... GASP!!!!!!!!!!!
shocked.gif

i have never used the Mobil 1 oil filters. i have used the amsoil filter once and they were awesome a little pricey but when i cut it open the filtration part was still in good shape with alot of stiffness! if you help up to a black light you could see some metal particles that were not visible to the naked eye. thought they were really good.

Motorcraft or Purolator Pure One(not the Classic, had startup knock with those)...

I used Fram's OCD on my old '93 Grand Marquis without issue, a friend has now run it up to 190K mi, it soldiers onward...

Motorcraft and wix normally and the super premium if I get them on sale (Mobil 1, Bosch, RP etc)

In the Stash right now:

BOSCH DISTANCE PLUS D3330
BOSCH DISTANCE PLUS D3330
BOSCH PREMIUM 3422
FRAM PH8A (The OCOD)
FRAM EXTENDED GUARD XG3600
MICROGARD MGL3600
MOBIL EXTENDED PERFORMANCE M1-102
MOBIL EXTENDED PERFORMANCE M1-102
NAPA PRO-SELECT 21348
PUROLATOR PURE ONE PL20195
STP S3600 E-CORE
TOYOTA 90915-YZZD1
TOYOTA 90915-YZZD1

This is the present stash and I will buy no more filters, at least not for this this car until every last one is gone. As you can see, some of these are great filters and others good only for a short OCI. Right now I am using a Mobile M1-102. I have used mostly M1-102 filters in the past, but also Fram Tough Guards and even an Orange Can once on a short OCI. All performed OK. But the M1-102 was the only one so far that can keep the oil on the dipstick nice and really clear right past 8,000 miles.

Some of the filter stashes that BITOG guys have make mine look like Tobacco Road. I got all these filters cheap as dirt from various sales. I might give the basal ones to a buddy of mine as they will fit his car too.

Have Used:

Fram XG Now Called Ultra

Mobil 1 EP Filter

Purolator PureOne

Napa Platinum

Purolator Classic- For the old car.

Originally Posted By: subiedriver
Mobil 1, usually purchased with the oil change specials, AZ or AAP.

+2
I do a yearly OCI and this fits the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back