Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra- SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the new Ultra has a very low NOACK Volatility. High quality base oil. Probably be GTL oil from Shells' refinery in Bahrain. I am sure they both will be getting better and better.

I remember that data sheet linked from Shell. Was NOACK verified as accurate. Pennzoil site is still not updated with SN sheets.

NOACK was never verified as accurate and the use of GTL base oil is nothing but speculation.

Last edited:
That NOACK is insanely low........ like TOO low. Significantly lower than Redline, who had the lowest NOACK I can recall seeing.

The NOACK values for GTL GP III+ oils are very good but are still higher than what Pennzoil is claiming for their oils.

Furthermore Pennzoil is claiming for their 5W-20 a lower NOACK percentage than their 5W-30? That would only be possible if the 5W-20 is using heavier base oils which makes no sense.

No I believe the numbers are wrong as all other knowledgeable members including Tom NJ.

Besides even if the numbers are what they should be for a GTL based oil I'm not all that impressed with the other stat's such as the below average VIs.

I quite agree ! Unbelievably low for a Grp III oil. This topic has gone round and round on here before with no real clarification/confirmation of PDS OR GTL base status.

Until then....PU = Pennzoil UNKNOWN !!!!

I was looking the their oil comparison chart. Both PU/PP are really good oils.

PU may be the best combination of wear/cleanliness on the market now. Results based on SeqIIIG and IVA tests.

Still no PDS though.

Originally Posted By: buster

Still no PDS though.

Try using the oil selector tool on Pennzoil's new website. The search results should show a link to the new PDS.

Interesting, thanks for the link.

It looks like there's possibly a 0W-20 PDS, given that the PDF's title (right click -> Document Properties...) is "Microsoft Word - TDS Pennzoil Ultra GF-4 TDS SB1 without 0W-20.docx".

Pennzoil Platinum's PDS's are dated. From 2011. You can only locate the 0w20 PDS from 2012. What a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back