VALVOLINE COMPLETE OIL SYSTEM CLEANER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have anyone tried it? Ideas?
Sorry for caps it is copy paste from other site.

" * CLEANS IN JUST 10 MINUTES:
* VALVOLINE PROFESSIONAL SERIES:
* 100% SOVENT FREE CHEMISTRY:
* NO TOOLS OR EQUIPMENT NECESSARY:
* DISSOLVES AND REMOVES SLUDGE, DEPOSITS AND VARNISH:
* RESTORES FUEL ECONOMY, HORSEPOWER AND EFFICIENCY:
* PROLONGS ENGINE LIFT:

"

"100%SOLVENT FREE CHEMISTRY DELIVERS A HIGHLY ADDITIZED DETERGENT AND DISPERSANT SOLUTION IN THROUGH THE CRANKCASE AND THROUGHOUT THE OIL RESERVIOR,PASSAGES,OIL PUMP, PIKUP SCREEN AND UP INTO THE VALVE TRAIN.THE CLEANING SOLUTION BREAKS UP,DISSOLVES,AND SUSPENDS SLUDGE,DEPOSITS,AND VARNISH THROUGHOUT THE ENGINE WITHIN ONLY 10 MINUTES OF RUN TIME.THE DISPERSANT PACKAGE KEEPS THE HARMFUL PARTICLESOF SLUDGE AND DEPOSITS SUSPENDED IN SOLUTION AND ARE COMPLETELY EVACUATED THROUGH THE DRAIN PLUG PORT. UNLIKE TRADITIONAL ENGINE CLEANING PRODUCTS, THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS NO HARMFUL SOLVENT THAT CAN WEAKEN SEALS, MAKING THEM HARD AND BRITTLE. SIMILAR COMPETITIVE PRODUCTS CONTAIN AS MUCH AS 75% TO 85% SOLVENTS THAT MAY REMAIN IN THE ENGINE AFTER THE SERVICE, WHICH MAY LEAD TO PREMATURE FAILURE OF AN ENGINE. THIS PRODUCT DOES NOT."

http://shop.autoadditives.net/VALVOLINE-COMPLETE-OIL-SYSTEM-CLEANER-VP051.htm

^heh, use this as a follow up to Kreen.
thumbsup2.gif

Interesting, I wonder if it's anywhere locally? I can't find this product directly from Valvoline.

http://www.valvoline.com/products/valvoline-professional-series/engine-cleaning-service/98

^Maybe it's the product they use with that service?

Possibly. But I don't think I'll use any additives for a while. I want to try plain Eneos Sustina, Then regular Eneos and compare. My first plan was to use some of my SynMax oil, but Eneos is more interesting for me. And darn, I just ordered 12 liters of Motul LL-04 5w-40 oil( was twice cheaper than usual, I couldn't skip it ), so it will be after Synmax... and then it will be turn of PP and SynPower.

Last edited:
^Your car probably doesn't need anything extra with those good oils you are using now. :]

I was more referencing the irony of going from Kreen to a product that is all about non-solvent content.
grin2.gif

This is not an additive. It is supposed to be only used for an engine flush per Valvoline: Empty all oil, change filter, run 100% Valvoline Complete Oil System Cleaner for 10 minutes, then empty, change filter and replace with regular oil.

http://msds.ashland.com/msds-ext/msdsDow...archHC&id=1

It is basically just 100% "HYDROTREATED LIGHT NAPHTHENIC CAS No. 64742-53-6 >=90- ______________________________________________

1999 Olds GLS

Last edited:
Fascinating. I'm a little more inclined to believe the claims seeing as it's Valvoline, not Billy Bob's engine cleaner. It must do some cleaning anyway...

IMO....Kreen is the real deal. Then MMO for some light maintenance. If this Valvoline complete system cleaner were so good....

IMO....Valvoline is just trying to cash in on the current trend toward cleaning up an engine. After all, Valvoline says that their Conventional and SynPower motor oils keep an engine clean. Why would you need an additional oil system cleaner if their oils are great?

IMO....Just use their Valvoline oils.....leave the cleaning to the experts.... Kreen and MMO.

Now that I think about it, Kreen doesn't even work completely in 10 minutes.

Great point boss and mongo.

Buying those types of servicing are more about paying for your own peace of mind, IMO.

^The thing is there is no way of knowing if that is the same product linked in the OP. They could be using an entirely different product for their 'sludge removal service' (aka engine clean) at the Valvoline stations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back