Kreen Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Originally Posted By: daves66nova
Ordered to "Dave's Autotune" !!!! lOL
!@# They called me to verify if i was a shop or not.No sale!!

I used a business name i registered many years ago in ky but never was an active business. No problem. However when I called to check on my order Kano labs did ask me my business name. It appears they verify the business name in some situations or is it only CA?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Next time answer the phone Dave's Enterprises. LOL What a shame!

I imagine they require proof of business establishment, like an EIN, formation papers, etc. They will need to be able to prove to the state that the sale was legal, should they ask.

Originally Posted By: TooManyWheels
Originally Posted By: demarpaint
Next time answer the phone Dave's Enterprises. LOL What a shame!

I imagine they require proof of business establishment, like an EIN, formation papers, etc. They will need to be able to prove to the state that the sale was legal, should they ask.

They probably do, I was just fooling around.

Im thinking try this stuff on my 2000 jeep GC 4.0L holding 6 quart oil, it had lifter tick and piston slap only at cold start, it gone away after car warm up 5 min. Im thinking using Rotella T5 10w30 oil,
how much keen stuff I need to order ?
how many treatment do I need ?
how much I need add to my oil ?

I dont plan to add keen to my gas tank, just add into oil, is that ok ?

thanks !

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug

I never understood the reasoning behind putting it in the gas tank. Seems like a waste. The only thing it could possibly help is cleaning the injectors, but there are many more additives that are made specifically for cleaning injectors that would do a much better job. And if they are so dirty that they are causing a drivability problem, you need a cleaner that goes directly to the injectors via the fuel rail, not diluted in the gas tank, or worse case, have the injectors ultrasonically cleaned. I’d use half the can in the oil and save the rest for another treatment in 1,000 miles or for another car.

Originally Posted By: atikovi

I never understood the reasoning behind putting it in the gas tank. Seems like a waste. The only thing it could possibly help is cleaning the injectors, but there are many more additives that are made specifically for cleaning injectors that would do a much better job. And if they are so dirty that they are causing a drivability problem, you need a cleaner that goes directly to the injectors via the fuel rail, not diluted in the gas tank, or worse case, have the injectors ultrasonically cleaned. I’d use half the can in the oil and save the rest for another treatment in 1,000 miles or for another car.

There has been some discussion that a Kreen treatment in the fuel will help clean upper rings.

Originally Posted By: Russell

There has been some discussion that a Kreen treatment in the fuel will help clean upper rings.

I'll have to go back and read through that but can't imagine for the few milliseconds it's in the cylinder that it could do anything for the rings.

Originally Posted By: Russell

I'll have to go back and read through that but can't imagine for the few milliseconds it's in the cylinder that it could do anything for the rings.

Kreen will clean ring packs when added to the oil. It will clean injectors, etc. when added to the gas.

so 1 quart is all I need for 6 quart sum oil, change fresh oil and add 16oz to 6 quart sum ( and properly need top off a bit after drive for a while ) and drive for 1k miles, add another 16oz and another 1k miles change the oils so total is 3k miles. and that it, never have to use the keen again ?

so 1 quart is all I need for 6 quart sum oil, change fresh oil and add 16oz to 6 quart sum ( and properly need top off a bit after drive for a while ) and drive for 1k miles, add another 16oz and another 1k miles change the oils so total is 3k miles. and that it, never have to use the keen again ?

any one ? im ready to order,

any one ? im ready to order,

Nothing wrong with what you plan on doing, in fact IIRC that is how the people at Kreen recommend using the product. Never need it again? Hard to say. Can you check results after the treatment by looking? Can you check the engine a year, two years, five years after the treatment? Looking is the best way to tell. But a treatment of Kreen in an engine in need of a cleaning is certainly a step in the right direction, and you'd be using the best product for it IMO.

MetalSlug said:
im ready to order,

Keep in mind if you get just one quart, the shipping will be as much as the product. If you have more than one vehicle or have friends that may use it, order more at one time. For 2 cans I was charged $37.52 and I'm just 2 states away.

MetalSlug said:
im ready to order,

Keep in mind if you get just one quart, the shipping will be as much as the product. If you have more than one vehicle or have friends that may use it, order more at one time. For 2 cans I was charged $37.52 and I'm just 2 states away.

I was charged $8.95 shipping for 2 quarts via FedEX. I live in KY adjacent to TN. Shipping may vary based on shipper and/or individual state shipping laws. ??

Last edited:
Does anyone know what's the "Shelf Life" for Kreen?

I'd like to order 4, one quart containers, to keep on hand for people that may need an engine cleaning.

However, I'd like to know how long the shelf life would be if they still remained sealed shut and stored indoors?

Thanks in advance.

TBH guys, I was been away from BITOG for a while, before that I was addictic on keep reading the site, keep on the look out for sale oil and stack it, keep on the look out for oil filter and stack it. and keep look out on which store on sale and drive cross town for it . I remember their a bosch oil filter deal from AAP with 2 dollar rebate each when you buy 4, well i havent use any of those oil filter yet, it still collect dust in my garage storage
frown.gif
. I keep buying thing that " other say it benefic, or working for them on their engine, or make their engine less noise, or smooth " all these years I keep spending moneys on engine addictive From auto-rx ( when it was really big thing on BITOG, so it mean i been here a while ) to lubi moly cause i read here. Then couple month ago when I having a problem in real life, i was away from the site, then i realise I less stress on worried about my car ! or what oil, what oil additive best for my engine....I feel happy, and I also make me realise their are million million cars on the road run perfectly fine with ANY oil , with ANY oil filter, without need any additive. and I learn, stick with brand name oil, mobil 1, valvoline, pennzoils, rotella .........brand name oil filter Wix, purolator ..... and using correct factory recomment weight and change on time is best thing you could do to your engine.

Since I back to this site couple day ago, I note myself going back to the old me ( wanted to buy "product" additive , to make me thing that is best for my engine ). I note myself going to Kreen site and about order 2 quart, then I slap my head say, what I am doing ? I dont need this, my engine dont need this !. I was fine and save alot moneys lately by not buy thing that I " think " i need. From buy auto rx to luby moly, after kreen wonder what next, I NEED TO TELL MYSELF, ENOUGHT IS ENOUGHT, IT NEED TO END TODAY !

so from now on, I wont ever buy any oil additive, good ole synthetic with good brand oil filter is enought for me. no need nothing else to add to my engine beside oil. I love to read other peoples opinion on the product that is work for them, but that not gonna change my mind on buying what they using. I stick to my own thing
smile.gif
. Less stress, less worried. Keep drive and be happy
smile.gif

ONE LAST THING I WANT GET CLEAR, ITS NOT ANY ONE FAULT ON THIS SITE, THAT MAKE ME BUYING THING , ITS MY FAULT THAT IM CONVINCE MYSELF ON SPENDING MONEYS ON THING THAT I THINK I NEED. EVERY ONE HERE IS NICE TO ME, THE SITE OWNER IS SUPER COOL TO ME, I LOVE SHE VERY MUCH.

Originally Posted By: mongo161
Does anyone know what's the "Shelf Life" for Kreen?

I'd like to order 4, one quart containers, to keep on hand for people that may need an engine cleaning.

However, I'd like to know how long the shelf life would be if they still remained sealed shut and stored indoors?

Thanks in advance.

I think I read somewhere the shelf live for Kreen is 2 years? In fact I'm pretty sure it is 2 years. HTH

Metal,

You have finally seen the light! I am really envious of you. Logically, I agree with you one hundred percent but it is difficult to get away from all the "snake oils" :)

- Vikas

Kano's big disclaimer gives a boilerplate answer on 2 year shelf life for all products. My guess is it is probably longer, but who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back