Just bought Canadian GP tickets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bucket-list item can get scratched off now...just bought tickets to the Grand Prix du Canada. Got section 33, front row!

Any others headed to Montreal for this F1 race?

Front rows are typically very poor visibility seats at race tracks. I hope yours are OK. It ain't like goin' to a concert.

They are having an F1 race here in Austin in the fall, at a brand new track called the "Circuit of the Americas". I may go check it out.

Originally Posted By: Indydriver
Front rows are typically very poor visibility seats at race tracks. I hope yours are OK. It ain't like goin' to a concert.

I think he'll get a fairly up close look at the cars in action though, probably the track is only second to Monaco for how close you sit. Also the track has alot of trees and is flat so I don't think the top row of any of the grandstands gives you a much better view to see more of the action.
We went about 10 years ago and it was good fun, except for the brake dust! I had black boogers and itchy eyes at the end but it was F1 carbon brakes black boogers!

Based on this photo, our seats should be good. This is from a few years ago at the same grandstand.

2562821556_5e5212b2e7_b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Brons2
They are having an F1 race here in Austin in the fall, at a brand new track called the "Circuit of the Americas". I may go check it out.

We considered it, but with hotels costing $2000 PER NIGHT we said no way. My friend and I are using our Starwood points to make our hotel 100% free for the CGP. We've got enough frequent flier miles and rental car points to pretty much make the food and tickets ($266) our only expenses.

Montreal is a city circuit anyways, and it's a beautiful city. We're psyched to check it out.

I found hotels in the Austin metro for as low as $44 a night all-in by searching Kayak right now for the weekend of 11/16/12-11/18/12. Sorted by price. Yes, some people are clealy gouging, but I didn't see anything close to $2000 a night.

Originally Posted By: dparm

Montreal is a city circuit anyways, and it's a beautiful city. We're psyched to check it out.

They had a few blocks of streets closed downtown when we were there with lots of car stuff and even the drivers around at times. The city for that weekend is alot of the reason to go to the race.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
I found hotels in the Austin metro for as low as $44 a night all-in by searching Kayak right now for the weekend of 11/16/12-11/18/12. Sorted by price. Yes, some people are clealy gouging, but I didn't see anything close to $2000 a night.

Oops, didn't mean $2000/night, meant $2000 for the weekend. Problem was that none of the hotels were accepting our Starwood or Marriott points.

I think our rate is $600 CAD/night, but since they're taking Starwood points our rate becomes zero (we still pay taxes though).

I think I am gonna skip the USGP this year and hit up Aussie V8 next year. Maybe, just maybe DTM will come too, that would rock. But F1 needs to be back in the US. The Montreal race is high on the bucket list as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back