Daytona 500 this Sunday!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
NASCAR's Cup boys (& one girl)are finally back to racing this Sunday. Who is going to take the checker? I want #29 Kevin Harvick. I hope Danica is not interviewed every 5 minutes like during the Bud Shootout. She never seems to have much interesting to say either.... She will likely drop like a stone at the start of the race, not sure many will run with her being a rookie...

Holy Cow!
57.gif

I hope they can get the cooling issues down or we could see a record number of blown engines. If the pressures get to high and the pressure relief valve opens then it is game over.

Right bumper OK, left bumper, not so good.

Dannyca will be an even bigger puzzy after her wreck in the Shootout.

Last edited:
If NASCAR doesn't give the teams a higher pressure cooling system relief valve, not too many cars are going to finish period! After only 150 miles, most cars in the pack had steam venting. Not good. Looks like the smaller radiator and lower pressure POV NASCAR mandated for Daytona isn't working so well. That's usually what happens when you try to level the playing field and take away the advantage the Ford's FR9 better cooling system had. Typical NASCAR garbage!

Originally Posted By: Fatboymoe
If NASCAR doesn't give the teams a higher pressure cooling system relief valve, not too many cars are going to finish period! After only 150 miles, most cars in the pack had steam venting. Not good. Looks like the smaller radiator and lower pressure POV NASCAR mandated for Daytona isn't working so well. That's usually what happens when you try to level the playing field and take away the advantage the Ford's FR9 better cooling system had. Typical NASCAR garbage!

Could be interesting to see the teams have to refill the radiator on pit stops. That would make the pit stops more interesting...

Hopefully, NASCAR will suspend Kurt Busch after he intentionally wrecks the whole front end of the field in the Nationwise race so he can't pull another bonehead move in the 500.

Last edited:
+1 on the Rouschketeers They went to a 28PSI radiator vent ,but I'm not sure if it will be enough. On the positive side, the temperature went from 80-ish to 60-ish, so that should help things a little. Some teams were reporting water temp up to 290 ..YIKES!
:-0

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
Originally Posted By: Warstud
What channel is it on?

Fox.

Thanks....Of all stations you would think it would be on SPEED or ESPN.
33.gif

I guess the race will be on Tuesday with the rain on Monday. Maybe Nascar will be smart and have it in prime time so people at work can watch it when they get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back