My oil filter shrine

Status
Not open for further replies.
After getting the QS filters for $2 each, I took a picture of my current stash of filters.

I feel I have enough to go around for a few years or so.

(note : this may be puny compared to some of yours'!)

420623_10150598137788759_500263758_9313562_1833014517_n.jpg

14 for the Toyota, 11 for the Hyundai... makes a total of 25 filters!

Post a pic of your stash and beat mine!

Originally Posted By: zerosoma

Did you post any pictures? None show up for me in your post... even with Adblock plus disabled. Did you insert links from photobucket or a similar hosting service?

i have Lots too
10-ac-delco pf48
2-microguard 10060
8-champion 10060 in mail.. will take a pic soon.
12 - cbk-L 12222 in mail pics to follow.

Originally Posted By: scurvy
Originally Posted By: zerosoma

Did you post any pictures? None show up for me in your post... even with Adblock plus disabled. Did you insert links from photobucket or a similar hosting service?

It should show up now. I adjusted my security settings from my facebook.

20.gif

I have around 15 filters in my stash. A nice mix of P1's, Distance +, Purolator Classics, WIX and the Microguards from the O'Rielly oil deals.

I have a couple MC FL1a
a couple Parts Plus PH2867
One Wix 51515ST
Over a dozen Mopar 090s
half a dozen old Direct Connection teacup performance filters(somewhere!).
And I think a couple Fram non-base models.
Why I bought the Frams I have no idea....

Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
I currently have 3 Motorcraft FL820S.
grin2.gif

I win the "smallest stash" award!

Up until recently, a sole FL820S was the only thing in my stash and then only because it was a filler to get free shipping. Before that my stash was 0 because Motorcraft and Toyota filters are cheap and never on sale and the same applies to Mann filters. I just purchased when I needed them.

I stocked up recently due to upcoming oil changes and oil and filter deals for a total of 5 about to go down to 3.

I have to say that I don't understand the idea of building a stash of more than 2 to 3 years. Deals come up often enough that you should always be able to get a good price before your oil change is due.

Last edited:
I have filters for cars that I sold years ago ! I used the same filter on my Mazda and Honda (PL14610). now I have the same Mazda and a Hyundai and I use a PL14459 on both.FWIW--Oldtommy

You guys are funny. I have about 12-14 filters hanging around. I think I buy them when they are onsale or attached to an oil deal. I have about a 1-2 year supply at the moment and need to resist temptation. Although I just saw that QSUD is on sale at AAP for less than $4 a quart and may slip down there and get some and send off for a rebate. I am beginning to think that I am an oil hoarder. Must be a sickness.
lol.gif

I have 14 oil filters on hand.
1 Mobil 1
3 Toyota
10 Honda A01's.

A few cabin and air filters too.

I have 14 filters in my stash, ranging from Bosch Distance Plus and Mobil Extended Performance filters right down to a horrible STP E-Core. They only take up about a cubic foot of space, too.

Even the best oil filters are cheap if you keep an eye out for bargains.

I will not get any more for the forseeable future.

Originally Posted By: Cristobal
I have 14 filters in my stash, ranging from Bosch Distance Plus and Mobil Extended Performance filters right down to a horrible STP E-Core. They only take up about a cubic foot of space, too.

Even the best oil filters are cheap if you keep an eye out for bargains.

I will not get any more for the forseeable future.

I agree, there are deals out there for great filters. I buy when I can get a deal (FAR or at least MIR) and many of my filters came from oil change deals. I am likely stocked up for a while now, unless I find a deal I cannot pass up. That is half the fun! No one is watching my wallet but me!!
lol.gif

Dutch, when it is my time to go I will take that STP E-Core and screw it on the Beast like a terrible Alien face-hugger, and cash in my chips...or I might use the OCOD instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back