how many quarts in your FB25 (subaru)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The book says 5.5QT I usually end up with 5.75-6qt to get to the full mark.

anyone?

edit: this is with oem filter
and level surface. If I do 5.5 its barely on the low mark.

Last edited:
I have a 2012 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Premium. Is that the same kind of engine?

What kind of car is yours? I have to go to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change. I can ask them for you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hockeyfun1

What kind of car is yours? I have to go to the dealer tomorrow for an oil change. I can ask them for you.

It is not the same engine. The FB is currently in the Forester only.

But many people report that their Foresters are taking closer to 6 quarts to read to the F mark.

I now have 8500miles and call me OCD but i changed the oil a few times and i dont even let it drip and it was 6qt on ramps (with drain at front of oil pan)

I was hoping it wasnt just me because the dipstick is unusually easy to read.

Last edited:
that's a big sump size increase... didn't realize the new FB took a solid 1 - 1.5 quarts more than the EJ.

The owners manual may not include the oil filter. Mine doesn't. Check at Subaruforester.org.
edit: n/m. I did a google search and saw that you responded to a post there.

Ed - Don't be a stranger! It was your old paper that got me interested in oil. Wasn't that circulating on the web before bitog? Or close to the same time anyway?

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: hockeyfun1

The 2.5i Legacy Premium has the older style 2.5 and it's oil capacity is 4.2 quarts or approximately 4 liters. It's always a blast hitting the .2 quart mark on a full bottle.

Learned something new though...didn't realize the new boxer had a higher oil capacity.

Dennis, my boss is doing a good job of keeping his promise to save the retirement system a lot of money by working me to death before I can retire.
grin.gif

That article predates BITOG by at least 12 years. It was before the WWW as we know it today. It was posted to rec.motorcycles in 1990. It was written on a PDP-11 using VI.

Here ya go, a blast from the past: http://micapeak.com/info/oiled.html

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back