2010 VW Jetta TDI - First UOA - 2nd fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

This was my first UOA done on my 2010 Jetta TDI. It's the 2.0l common rail turbo diesel engine (contrary to the typo in the report). This was the 2nd fill (2nd change). Oil had approx 10,000 miles on it. How's it look?

jetta-tdi-oil.jpg

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Castrol SLX 10w-30? Yeah, right. Which grade was it? 0w-30? 5w-30?

Castrol SLX is what the dealer claimed to have used in it. Change was done under the 1st maintenance free service.

Still a lot of break in metals in the engine, seems like. But it's only had 1 change since it was new, so that makes sense. I think it will come down more on your next OCI.

high K is pretty common in newer VW engines, seems to be some sort of factory additives.

Originally Posted By: amdisthebest
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Castrol SLX 10w-30? Yeah, right. Which grade was it? 0w-30? 5w-30?

Castrol SLX is what the dealer claimed to have used in it. Change was done under the 1st maintenance free service.

Yes, but SLX is not available in 10w-30 grade. I was just wondering where Blackstone came up with 10w-30.

Looks fine... but I wouldn't bother with more UOAs for another 50k miles. Too much noise from break-in to gain any useful information IMO. Keep on using VW 507.00 or MB 229.51 oil for 10k intervals and the oil level topped up.

I love it....you ran 9,800 miles and they tell you to try 10,000 next time.

D'oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back