Kurt Busch signs with Phoenix Racing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this earlier and had to laugh. Phx Racing does not have a crew chief ( Nick Harrison) that can get Kurt the car he wants so I can see this ending very badly. For James Finch to think they can be running upfront by just putting Kurt behind the wheel is nothing but a dream. It takes much more then that to win at the Sprint cup level.

Phx racing was established in 1990 and has won 1 race. Spring Dega race in 2009.

Hopefully this will be a eye opener for kurt as he will not remotely contend in 2012. It's only a 1 year deal so im sure Kurt looks at this as just a summer job

Maybe he will retire after this year,and visions of that middle finger haunt him to his last days.
Hopefully Dodge wont let him drag race Challengers this new year either...

"...after entertaining a lot of quality offers.." LOL! If this is truly the best he can do, he should hang it up. However, there is something to be said about Karma.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
Hopefully Dodge wont let him drag race Challengers this new year either...

Can you imagine him veering into his opponent's lane and spinning him out because he is angry at him, or losing??!!

Originally Posted By: Smokefan1977
I saw this earlier and had to laugh. Phx Racing does not have a crew chief ( Nick Harrison) that can get Kurt the car he wants so I can see this ending very badly. For James Finch to think they can be running upfront by just putting Kurt behind the wheel is nothing but a dream. It takes much more then that to win at the Sprint cup level.

Well put. I have a feeling this isn't going to work either.

I wouldn't under estimate the potential for of this team with Kurt Busch as the driver.

Busch has won cup championship and 24 races in the series.

James Finch does use Hendricks power and will have his best year yet.

As far as the crew chief goes, has he ever reached zen with any crew chief?

Unfortunately luck counts in this sport and more bad luck goes around than good.

KB is still marketable to owners because of the Past-Champion's provisional that gets him into the field, even if the car isn't fast enough.

I give Kurt Busch the "Geoff Bodine" memorial award for the driver who consistently falls asleep halfway through the race and causes the Big One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back