Oil known for its effective cleaning ability?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,
I recently picked up a used 02'Camry with the 2AZ-FE 4cly engine. It has about 96k miles on it and runs quite well with very minimal oil seepage around the oil pan gasket. I recently put in Pennz HM but I was contemplating using an oil known for its cleaning abilities at the next OCI. I thought about using an additive like ARX or MMO but I don't want to break something that ain't broken either
grin.gif
I just want to get things nice and clean using oil alone. Any recommendations? It seems many here think Redline does a good job of cleaning but I'm not sure how easy it is to find. Would M1 or any of the Rotella products do a good job of cleaning? I see varnish on the baffle underneath the oil cap but doesn't look too dark.

Thanks!

Last edited:
hmmm, thanks for the input everyone. I didn't know Penz had a newer oil than their platinum product. It does seem like Penz is putting a lot of emphasis on "self cleaning" with all their oil, especially PU.

Yeah it's a clever strategy. Sell QS to gunk up an engine, then sell Pennzoil to clean it up.

Originally Posted By: Sixxer
I love to two letter replies everyone gives as if its a war. Funny stuff. MMO?

Ha, I can't say I've never been tempted to make up abbreviations that don't fit any known oil -- just to mess with people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back