Some great info on the different Gumouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have noticed that I have mentioned I am using the Gumout All In One rather than the Gumout Regane Complete or the Gumout Regane High Mileage. There have been some people who have said that "Regane" is important.

In any case, going by Gumout's website, the MSDS's and the fact that the ratio of 6oz treating 21 gallons to the ratio of 10oz treating 35 gallons suggests the products are the same, I have been using All In One with the belief it's the same and been getting appropriate results and keeping more money in my wallet. Notably, the older non concentrated bottles are $4 at Big Lots right now which is 3 times cheaper per gallon treated than Techron even when Techron is BOGOF right now at $8.

So I came across this which confirms All In One is the same:

Main points:

Regane High Mileage is same as the regular Regane Complete but with added friction modifiers.

All In One has extra friction modifiers but treats 35 gallons not 21 gallons.

Enjoy the read!

Q&A with Gumout

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tenderloin
If you are using the Gumout All In One Complete Fuel System Cleaner then you are correct. If it is the All In One Fuel System Cleaner then you are using a different product with no Naphthalene.

All In One Complete

All in One

I'm talking about the All In One Complete.

I purchased this in the non concentrated format from Big Lots:

Big Lots Gumout Closeout

Your MSDS links are interesting but bring up more questions (as they usually do!):

For example, the All in One Complete link refers to the concentrated version since it says "2x" in it.

This MSDS does not disclose anything on PEA. It only discloses Naphthalene at less than 1%.

The All in One MSDS does not say "Complete" but there is no version of "All in One" that is also not "Complete". So I think this link is the non concentrated All In One Complete that I purchased.

It has 2 ingredients:

1) Distillate (petroleum), light hydrocracked 40.00 -60.00%
2) Fuel additive 40.00 - 60.00%

If this means PEA, then it looks like I've gotten a nice high amount of it!

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Too many choices in a product line IMHO. Imagine the inefficiency in maintaining the infrastructure for all that.

That's why I think it's highly probable that these 3 products all have the same % of PEA in them while the only variable is the amount of friction modifier added. Zero > Some > More.

I do understand though that the chart linked to above says that only All In One has friction modifiers and it suggests High Mileage has more PEA.

Last edited:
Don't forget.....Gumout used to be made by SOPUS. Gumout is no longer made by SOPUS but instead ITW Corp. I think the new company also makes the Fram Filters now and other auto products. So I don't really know how much PEA is in the current product listings.

Any of the Gumout products that I purchase are at Big Lots....because these are the discontinued products that were made by SOPUS and I know that they do contain PEA additive.

The "non-concentrated" Gumout/Regane Fuel System Cleaner, 12 ounce bottle,

The Gumout "All in One", Complete Fuel system cleaner & Anti Wear Agent", 20 Ounce Bottle.

The Gumout Ethanol Fuel System Cleaner, 6 ounce bottle.

All of these products clearly state on the Label....Made by SOPUS, Houston, TX.

The ITW states....Houston, TX but not SOPUS.

Yes, although I have to say I first purchased 2x concentrated All In One at Walmart and it worked a treat.

I now have a small stash of the non concentrated All In One Complete from Big Lots at $4 each.

Since SOPUS sold Gumout to ITW. You don't see the name Regane on any of the ITW products.

Regane may have been a trademark for the SOPUS version of PEA like Techron is the trademark name for Chevron's PEA.

Who really knows how much of what is in any product.

I just buy up any of the needed SOPUS Gumout/Regane products or SOPUS Gumout products at big lots. So far I've avoided the ITW products.....even though it may still be made by SOPUS and just has the new ITW name on the label.

I've used the Gumout, Flex Fuel Fuel Injector cleaner by SOPUS, with the Green and Black label....Big Lots $1.25, less 20%, for 6 ounces. Now I notice that the name has changed to Ethanol Fuel Treatment under ITW. Anyway, I bought the stuff to use in a mix and have the 6 ounce bottles for refilling my mix of Fuel System Cleaners and TC-W3. 3 ounces of each fills up a six ounce bottle for my fill up with 15 gallons of petrol.

The Gumout Flex Fuel stuff, by SOPUS, really works well when mixed with TC-W3 as well as just by itself. I bet it has PEA in it....but who knows the quantity?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back