Help deciphering battery date code?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just noticed something on my new AC-Delco ACD75-60 battery.

I'm a little suspcious this one may have been on the shelf a while. Stamped in the case is; 1FJ100 7:16. However, on the side info decal is small print: 0B08059-7/09, top decal has 0B030354-7/09.

I'm thinking the 7/09 date may be the intro date for the battery series or something along those lines?

For AC-Delco batteries the date of manufacture code starts with a P or S.

Last edited:
Why do people worry so much about the date stamp? LOL.....I even heard people refer to them as "expiration dates" lol....far from
wink.gif

As long as the battery look fresh, all the cells are level, there's no bulging at the sides - I wouldn't fret....

Anyways, back on topic.....that seems like an odd display of the date code....you sure there isn't any other sticker anywhere else on the battery?

That being said, being an ACDelco....how much did you pay for the beast? :p Perhaps it was on the shelf too long
wink.gif
If it was over the 100$ mark, it could have been sitting on the shelf a while :p

"1F" could be year, numeric. Month, alphanumeric.

2011, June.

That's my guess.

The 7/2009 was probably when they printed (or approved the printing of, or the artwork of) the decals/labels.

Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
S111P.

"The warranty date code is located on the top label of the battery. The first character is either a P or S. The next two digits determine the month, the third digit is year and the fourth digit indicates the manufacturing plant. For example, P 094N means the battery was made in September 2004 in the New Brunswick factory."

So...11/2011 production date apparently? I doubt battery from 11/2001 would be on shelf.

Originally Posted By: ComfyShorts
Originally Posted By: Rock_Hudstone
S111P.

"The warranty date code is located on the top label of the battery. The first character is either a P or S. The next two digits determine the month, the third digit is year and the fourth digit indicates the manufacturing plant. For example, P 094N means the battery was made in September 2004 in the New Brunswick factory."

So...11/2011 production date apparently? I doubt battery from 11/2001 would be on shelf.

I suppose Nov 2011 is possible.

However, this is a 60 series battery, made in Korea and I bought it mid January. That means it would have to be built, shipped across the pacific to the east coast, and on the shelf within roughly two months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back