Chevron or 76 if Chevron is 10c/gallon more?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mechanicx
76 is a top tier fuel I believe so why pay more for another top tier brand?

+1 no need to spend any more than needed since 76 is top tier, also happy birthday mechanicx!

Last edited:
Depends on which station was easier to get in and out of. Either way I would use my Shell iPhone app to find the nearest Shell and use my Shell rewards card.

It may be a misunderstanding on my part, but it was my understanding that all top-tier fuels used similar PEA-based cleaners. Techron is simply Chevron's brand of PEA (Polyether Amine).

Since BOTH are Top Tier fuels which ever is cheaper and closer to you.

I believe it is true that Top Tier fuels use a agreed upon certain amount of approved detergents IN ALL GRADES OF FUEL. Those detergents are PEA .

The fuels in question MUST be using the specifications to get Top Tier approval.

When i'm down in Washington state, I tend to go to 76. It's the only gas that you can find without 10% ethanol in their regular 87 octane. My truck gets better MPG and seems to run better.

exxon mobil, chevron, conoco philip ( under the brand 76 ) are all great.

I have been using chevron gas for 5 years. I never had a problem. My car still have plenty of power because I maintenance my car and 99% of the time using chevron.

I don't have access to Chevron unfortunately, but I do use the 76 Top Tier gas. I don't know which is better, but I love the snarky "TT gas is all good, who cares about sophisticated names" attitude on their website:

http://www.76.com/OurGas.aspx

You can even ask a hot supermodel.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh
I don't have access to Chevron unfortunately, but I do use the 76 Top Tier gas. I don't know which is better, but I love the snarky "TT gas is all good, who cares about sophisticated names" attitude on their website:

smile.gif

It's "trendy" to pander to a dumb public...and many people in the USA today are ....just plain stupid.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
76 is a top tier fuel I believe so why pay more for another top tier brand?

Precisely. 76 is a "Top Tier" fuel, so if you are into things like that, why would you need to pay more for the "Top Tier" blessing?

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Originally Posted By: Nickdfresh

smile.gif

It's "trendy" to pander to a dumb public...and many people in the USA today are ....just plain stupid.

Maybe.

Or the hint of their irony of tone might not be quite 'stupid.' But if you prefer to buy oil that is "liquid ball bearings" or has "heat activated receptors," that makes one smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back