Could these people all be wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting testimonials on amazon about the use of Tufoil. Just for the 8oz size there are 21 5 star testimonials. I know Tufoil is a touchy subject on BITOG but I use it and I find that it works very well in cutting down friction(via temp reduction)and vibration as well a minute increase in fuel economy. I am a satisfied user since 2005.
Tufoil reviews on Amazon.com

Originally Posted By: deven
Interesting testimonials on amazon about the use of Tufoil. Just for the 8oz size there are 21 5 star testimonials. I know Tufoil is a touchy subject on BITOG but I use it and I find that it works very well in cutting down friction(via temp reduction)and vibration as well a minute increase in fuel economy. I am a satisfied user since 2005.

Its probably people who work for the company reviewing it...

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: LeakySeals
Many good reviews, the 1 bad review came from a Mobil 1 user.

You mean the 3 bad reviews?

I meant "1 of the bad" reviews came from a mobil 1 user. LOL.

Originally Posted By: deven

A SNAKE OIL BY ANY OTHER NAME IS A SNAKE OIL. IT IS ALMOST FASCINATING TO SEE HOW FOLKS WILL ALWAYS FALL FOR THIS [censored] EVEN AFTER ALL THESE CENTURIES THESE SELLERS OF MAGIC ELIXERS STILL FIND MARKS.

Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Hows about Techron ? is Techron a "snake oil" ?

No, because PEA, the detergent in the product, has been tested by the government, SAE, independent private labs (top tier) and car manufacturers themselves and there is proof that PEA is effective at cleaning carbon deposits and not leaving its own residue behind in the process. PEA is so good Chevron received a patent on it back in the early 80s.

I would LOVE to see similar independent tests done by MMO, and other such snake oils, but as you know you NEVER see them or any proof that they work at ALL from independent labs.

It is so easy for a snake oil company to get rave reviews. There are Internet companies that will give you all the rave reviews you want for a small price. Testimonials are notorious for providing bogus "data".

If this stuff really worked, and reduced the consumption and friction by as much as everyone claims...wouldn't the OEMs just buy it in bulk, for a few dollars per car, and dump it in as a factory fill? They could meet CAFE standards without spending billions in engineering and re-tooling...we wouldn't even need hybrid cars...

My favorite review is from the guy who changes his oil every 4,000 miles, with synthetic (!), and then credits the tufoil with getting his Maxima to 240,000 miles...yeah, couldn't be the oil he's using...

Originally Posted By: 91344George
Originally Posted By: OtisBlkR1
Hows about Techron ? is Techron a "snake oil"?

I would LOVE to see similar independent tests done by MMO, and other such snake oils, but as you know you NEVER see them or any proof that they work at ALL from independent labs.

All right im calling you on it, who's bringing up MMO now ?
spankme2.gif
i COULDNT HELP MYSELF...

Never heard of it, never used it....haven't "seen" it really....

my father taught me something, If Walamrt doesn't sell it, it probably ain't worth buying.....because they aren't going to want to deal with the huge customer complaints/etc....from an inferior product
smile.gif

To some extent it seems to be true....but well.....they still do sell Slick 50, and zMax engine treatment, and Duralube, among others, that have had a "troubled past"
smile.gif

Irionically, the Slick50 Transmission product, and engine additive are "sold out" at my local WM :p

Originally Posted By: 91344George
OtisBlkR1 said:

You suppossed to take people's word for it. Or have the resources of a billionaire, as that one was claimed, to run tests.

Originally Posted By: ahoier
my father taught me something, If Walamrt doesn't sell it, it probably ain't worth buying.....because they aren't going to want to deal with the huge customer complaints/etc....from an inferior product
smile.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: ahoier
smile.gif

crackmeup2.gif

Thats NOT funny! (my dad said that too)
smirk.gif

Quote:
A super-suspension of micro-miniature PTFE particles and soluble

Molybdenum, permanently suspended in oil

I wonder what the results would be using just a moly additive.
Dupont states Teflon has no use in an engine but moly is used often and is an accepted additive in engine oil.

It looks to me like 50% snake oil at least, the Teflon part which is probably only included so they can make advertising claims like this..
Quote:
The World's most Efficient Lubricant as claimed in the Guinness Book of

World Records
A invention by an award winning inventor, Franklin Reick
The Most slippery substance known to man
A super-suspension of micro-miniature PTFE particles

Quote:
Produces the lowest friction and wear of any known lubricant as tested

I think its the moly component providing any positive results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back