Favorite railroads

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you spend 7-12 hours a day moving them from city to city, you tend to not think its very glamorous. I actually enjoy working for the RR, I just dont choose to spend my off time thinking about them much. I do have a favorite route though. That is, departing early AM and pulling thru Tacoma and riding 20 feet off the bank of the Puget Sound at sunrise, when the Sound is as smooth as glass, reflecting the snowcapped mountains like a mirror, and just as you tell the Engineer "clear" when you see the next signal is green, you look out to see a pod of Orca's surfacing and breaching the smooth water. Its like a scene taken right from the Discovery channel. Absolutely breath taking.

Currently Furloughed X.X. Conductor, soon to be a XXXX Conductor. One companies loss is another companies gain.

Yes, I XXX'd them out. Big Brother is probably watching. RR's are pretty strict on what people post about them. I have seen a few people fired for posting pictures to facebook.

If you want trains, come (go?) to India. I am really nostalgic about all the journeys we took as a family when I was a kid. Narrow gauge, meter gauge, broad gauge, diesel, steam, electric, we had all types of trains. It used to be highlight of all our vacations.

Watch the Great Railways series by Monty Python guy (what was his name?) He has lovingly captured the essence of Indian trains in that series.

- Vikas

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
The Grand Central Terminal will always be my favorite.

I wonder if NY Penn was still up if your favorite would be different.

IIRC Chicago Union Station was a mini version of NYP, and it is a nice station, IMO.

But yeah, GCT is beautiful.

^Its good you think that way. 90% of my old co-workers think the grass is greener on the other side of the tracks, so they hate the one they work for and think all others just have to be better. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back